Kincumber Bensville Nice Flatties

Ray R

Hi Raiders, went out for a quick session before work with Hutcho this morning, we drifted for flatties around the channel markers at Kincmber which proved to be very quiet on the flattie front just one small attack, so we moved on down to Bensville channel and this was where we found them. We flicked in the usual flattie manner but they we not playing so I changed tactics and opted for a very slow roll with a gentle lift, this is what they wanted , anyway the next hour and a half was good , we scored a few nice flatties , a few small throw backs and a couple of self releasing ones, a very enjoyable morning and it was a beaut one at that, no wind oily smooth surface , just perfect.

The time was about 9:00 now so it was time to head back up the little Kincumber creek and the 700 meter drive to my place, Hutcho and I had a geat session and there is some yummy flathead as a bonus.. Pics of the morning, the Kincumber Creek, Bensville , and us... Cheers.....

post-3371-1223596260_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1223596281_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1223596326_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1223596373_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1223596408_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1223596563_thumb.jpg

Magical conditions there R & H - with a feed of fish to boot.

The Shoalhaven was the same this morning - started with a thick pea soup fog opening up to a beautiful day. Self note ... I must remember to bring the camera with me.....

Regards

Cam

A nice session and catch for Ray & Hutcho. How was the creek/broadwater entrance, last time I went through at low tide it was silted up and was down to less than 2.5 feet near the marker.

What colour/size plastic did you use this time Ray ? (and whats a roll, a slow wind ?)

Cheers

A nice session and catch for Ray & Hutcho. How was the creek/broadwater entrance, last time I went through at low tide it was silted up and was down to less than 2.5 feet near the marker.

What colour/size plastic did you use this time Ray ? (and whats a roll, a slow wind ?)

Cheers

Hi Steve, yeah a roll is just reel winding, slow fast etc. The placcies were berkley 4" minnow chatruese flavour 16th ounce 3/0 jigheads, we went out about mid tide rising and it was about a meter deep.. Cheers Mate..