Jigging/fin' Outfit

Guest Big-Banana

Hi Big Banana,

I have got a really nice set up of overheads and baitcasters that have performed flawlessly over the years.

The only 2 spinning reels I own are for light soft plastics. I wanted a spinning reel for casting poppers, light jigging and dropping an unwaited cube out the back. I thought that for my usage and knowing how much other gear I already have that is more than capable - the lesser outlay would suffice.

I just bought the Okuma V series 80 and I am putting it on a 10kg 7" Daiwa monster mesh. I think it is the light medium model. This is an outfit with braid for $600 and I reckon it will do ok.

I will let you know how it goes, surely someone else will have some real info on these reels. If anybody has actually had some real use of these reels I would also be interested to find out what they think? I love catching kings on little baitcasters so this will be a test if I go down the spinning path, lets see.

Cheers,

Josh

Edited by Tackle Junkie

Hi Anthony,

Just doing some googling and found this.

VS10000 is Okuma VS 80 strengthen version, max drag strength 35 Kg and extremely light weight 671g. * DFD : Precision Dual Force Drag system * Multi-disk Japanese oiled felt drag system * Up to 15 stainless steel ball bearings * E2BB and HPB corrosion resistant bearings * 1 Quick-Set Anti-Reverse roller bearing * Precision machine cut brass pinion gear * ALC : Rigid diecast aluminum frame and rotor * Patented Elliptical Oscillation System * Spare matching aluminum spool and power handle. * Forged Grip handle knob * Hydro Block water tight drag seal * Max drag strength 35 Kg * Extremely light weight 671g

Maybe we will get them soon or you might be able to upgrade. $499 US

Nathan

post-7405-1225096042_thumb.jpg

Hi mate,

Not sure when but you can buy online OS. There is two sizes available a 10000 and a 16000. It might be worth a call to Freetime who import Okuma. They may have an idea if wewill get them or not. You can'tbuy through them but they will tell you who has them if we are going to get them.

Nathan