Trolling ?

love2fish

Im interested in learning how to troll for tailor,kings Salmon Etc,i have never attempted trolling at all so i would not know th first thing about it :15: ..im after some infoo on lures,speed of trolling and whatever may help..

i only know hot catch bream :biggrin2:

Edited by Mr Breambo

post-6655-1223842481_thumb.jpgii've only been trolling for 2 seasons but it is either fun or as boring as bat shit

we start inside south head and troll to bondi

speed 5 to 7 kn depending on conditions try to stay at about 6 kn

depth between 10 to 30 meters[i stick to 20] as thats where i have found the fish

lures these are the lures i used last summer for heaps off bonito the odd sambo and a few kings

we picked up a 785mm king just out from south head on the red and white halco

both there,s lures are 5 meter divers

cherrs gary

I used 2 RAPALA CD7s at 7 knots and scored 30 taylors ranging from 35cm-50cm just last week.......

my mate even snaped a rod holder and ended up with a rod in the drink :074:

but its either fun or as boring as batshit like the other guy said.

depth between 10 to 30 meters[i stick to 20] as thats where i have found the fish

dont you mean distance from the back of the boat...? how do you get a 5m diver to sit at 20m??

Sorry mate

distance behind the boat is something i think you can play with to see what suits you on the day

i know the game boys call it a spread and go for a w pattern but being retively new to it we run 2 deep divers that dive to 5 meters in depth and a surface lure in the middle

have not had a got for tailor with spoons or slices but now would be a good time with salmon and tailor on the chew at present

you should go for a run first and a chartploter is handy to set your runs

there are some good formations from south head going south but plenty off pinicals and drop offs

you realy need to know were these are or it can be dangeres or you will loose some lures

there's a sharp rise at the point after the gap 20m to 6m and one just before the stink pipe at rosser gully

i lost a couple there and if you go to close there you get a sbaker [not what you wont to catch on a lure]

the best tip i can give is if you hit a shallow patch on the sounder stop and the hardbodys will float up away from the snags

gary

Rapala CD9 and CD11's have produced many fish for us over the years. We troll them at around 4 or 5 knots. Also try trolling little white flies when the rat kings and salmon are around. They are deadly when the conventional lures fail.

Red