Trolling In Parramatta River

TunaSickle

Hi all,

Just testing my first post!

Took my boat out for a spin on Saturday in Parramatta River. Did some trolling for a couple of hours in the top weather!

We hooked up a few Brim, Flathead and Tailor all on hard bodied lures.

All fish were sent back to swim another day!!

post-8547-1223972206_thumb.jpg

post-8547-1223972265_thumb.jpg

post-8547-1223972294_thumb.jpg

post-8547-1223972315_thumb.jpg

Ash

welcome ash, ive never thought of trolling for bream!

I saw rex hunt on one of his shows trolling in close to shore in brisbane waters he was jerking the rod as the trolled and was catching pike for jew baits. I have been going to try this method but havent as yet - bream could end up being a very good by product!

tight lines

t'n'k

Mate you have discovered my absolute most favourite way of chasing bream by trolling HB's.

A mate and myself have had a few massive sessions on the Parra and in some have landed over 50 bream in a morning on the troll. There is a bit of an art to it but we used mainly SX40's, SX48's, Attacks and Chubbies. There are a few hot spots if you find them your on a winner.

Great report mate and well done.

Nice sesh!

Up the back of that bay where the golf coarse is, fish the area between the 2 drains, each time move 10m further into the bay going backwards and forwards along that run.

Another is the boats along the eastern shoreline, drive threw them trying to steer your lures close to the boats. Plenty of bream under them.

My son Jeremy started his love of fishing doing just that!

Greg

Nice sesh!

Up the back of that bay where the golf coarse is, fish the area between the 2 drains, each time move 10m further into the bay going backwards and forwards along that run.

Another is the boats along the eastern shoreline, drive threw them trying to steer your lures close to the boats. Plenty of bream under them.

My son Jeremy started his love of fishing doing just that!

Greg

Thanks for the tips all!! Definitly good fun!!! NickN that one's a cracker!!!

Happy Fishing all!

Hi guys, well done on the trolling, i suppose you would pick up a frew flatties aswell.

with the trolling, are we talking electric or petrol ? , if so how fast, for sx 40/48's and

roughly what water depth do you target ?

cheers.

Edited by Mr Rosebay

All my trolling has been with an outboard motor, it never seems to put the fish off at all.

Any water depth between 3ft and 12ft works best over mud flats and drop offs.

The key was to cast the lure a LONG way behind the boat and then troll.