Coral Sea Trip

TIMMY C

Hi all.

Just got back from a recent trip up at hamilton island.

The weather was superb and also managed to do a bit of fishing aswell.

We teamed up with the boys from Renagade Charters and 6 of the relos.

left the dock at 6am and after a quick throw of the cast net the live well was full of some good size herring.

we motored some 120km of the coast and we soon arrived at the oval (a well known mackerel ground)

things were looking promising, the birds were going balistic and there was bait fish everywhere !

the lures and baits had just hit the water when , BANG left out rigger!, shouts the skip, right out rigger!, Front lure !

we had 3 hook ups and we were bataling the sharks to get them on board.

unfortunatley the other young fella on the boat had his spaniard monstered by a 3m bronzie.

Myself and the old man managed to get our spanish and shark mackerel the the boat.

through out the day we would get constant hook-ups on fish only to have them devoured by big noahs.

alot of just undersize mackeral were also brought to the boat.

it was now 12:30 and we had 4 nice mackeral on board,

The decision was made to go for a bottom bounce for some nanny's and red emporor.

the skipper called it exactly like it was.

"ohh yer theres fish here up on the edges, i think we'll get sharked pretty bad though" he said.

the baits had just hit the bottom and all 6 guys were on.

"ohh yer, good fish and then the dreaded zzzzzzzzzzzz, shark!"

In the end we brought home 11 large mouth nanny's, 1 red emporor, a huge 14kg small mouth nannygai and 4 mackeral.

was a fantastic day just to be out there.

and i might add the amount of sea snakes on the water,wouldnt want to come across one of these guys out there.

cheers Tim

cant get the photos to upload but ill have another crack later

Sounds like a great trip Tim.

I'm deleting all references to the shark from this thread. It is just going to get out of hand.

Send me the photos & I'll re-size them for you. Or you can go into the "site news & info" forum & there is a pinned topic for resizing photos.

Cheers,

Grant.