Salmon In The Sky!

the1murph

Hey guys planning to go out and catch some Pittwater hudlums today so went out to Barrenjoey and collected a few good squid but we thought we would go and catch a few yakkas at one of the close reefs aswel.

Then saw the biggest flock of birds ive ever seen in my life so we followed them to a HUUUGE salmon bust up where there hundreds of big sambos sitting right under the boat eating baby pilchards and baby slimeys. We put on a few rapalas and we basically caught salmon ALL day! and once we hooked up on the rapala casted a stick bait in the same location and we were both on. (and boy did these salmon jump or what)

post-5839-1224318344_thumb.jpg

post-5839-1224318370_thumb.jpg

At one point we had a triple hook up and i was left with two rods going of at the same time

post-5839-1224318409_thumb.jpg

post-5839-1224318250_thumb.jpg

post-5839-1224318281_thumb.jpg

post-5839-1224318612_thumb.jpg

post-5839-1224318305_thumb.jpg

At the end of the day between the both of us we had landed around 30 big fellas and dropped probably about the same amount hah

Kept 7 and gave the hole neighborhood fish. Kept 2 for the table to have my awesome fish cakes again!!

Jack n Dan

great stuff mate... damn im jealous....

so what u end up doing with the squid??? i geuss no kings?

downrigged some of it around Pitty for zip and gave the other live squid to a mate who was goen 4 jewies.

and brickman i just reckon ur jealous because u cant fight two fish at once!! haha :1prop:

Jack

Thats what im talking about!!!

Salmon hunter officially blesses your trip!!

Well done guys.

greatly appreciated thanks mate! haha :thumbup: with a name like salmon hunter i would have thought that u would be fishing in that school aswell haha

if you go catch some Kings, Kingy Kid will bless your trip!

Jack

well done mate thats an awesome effort.

After you started catching a heap of them did you drop back on the gear and see if you could land a few on really light line?

yeh mate we were catching them on 3000 sized reels with 6lb line the whole time haha

Jack

G'day gang

GREAT STUFF! :thumbup: Just one question how did you wind with boyh hands full? Then again I don'nt think I want to know :074:

:Funny-Post:

Sounds like you had a ball KK - good to hear that the salmon are out and about. Does anyone still net them commercially or has that been banned?

Anyway - as a Broken Bay learner I've dropped you a PM to ask a small quetion.

hi guys,

i ripped into a few large sambo's last week. i throw em back as i dont reckon their much craic' on the plate.

my old man loves cooking them up in rich sauces, so he had the shits with me for throwing them back. guess i'm out of the Will, again!

i might track down some fish cake recipes, i think i've seen some on the cooking section.

anyway nice report KK.