Yellowfin Out Wide

Ross Hunter

we fished 5 nautical mile east of Browns in 21.5 degree water. No current and cubed with striped tuna and used striped tuna cubes as bait.. we caught a couple of fish that were better than the 12 kilo tiddlers of late.

Not a big day, but I do feel that if we had stayed later the fish would have come on.......maybe

Great bunch of blokes that appreciated the day.

Going by all the radio reports I think we were pretty lucky

Last week we raised two marlin together, hooked one and lost it after 20 minutes That would have been our second... bugger.. ..lures for stripes it's what you have to expect I reckon.

Ross

post-2782-1224383095_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1224383131_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1224383157_thumb.jpg

we fished 5 nautical mile east of Browns in 21.5 degree water. No current and cubed with striped tuna and used striped tuna cubes as bait.. we caught a couple of fish that were better than the 12 kilo tiddlers of late.

Not a big day, but I do feel that if we had stayed later the fish would have come on.......maybe

Great bunch of blokes that appreciated the day.

Going by all the radio reports I think we were pretty lucky

Last week we raised two marlin together, hooked one and lost it after 20 minutes That would have been our second... bugger.. ..lures for stripes it's what you have to expect I reckon.

Ross

post-2782-1224383095_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1224383131_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1224383157_thumb.jpg

yeah i was out about 3 miles east of browns yesterday no current which didn't help managed 2 albeys on the way back home but the temp was around the 21 to 22 degrees bring on the marlin

cheers warren

yeah i was out about 3 miles east of browns yesterday no current which didn't help managed 2 albeys on the way back home but the temp was around the 21 to 22 degrees bring on the marlin

cheers warren

Wazza ,

As I said I think we were lucky..As soon as it runs to the south the fish will be snapping .guestamation anyway

Ross

We fished the 12mile saturday heard over the radio marlin were about. When we left the 12mile then heard over the radio that a marlin was seen at the 12mile. left to early. dame.. Heaps of stripys around and lots of bait fish. As well as dolphins they were everywhere. they where chasing our x-mas trees and pushers.. funny to see.

Edited by bender

We fished the 12mile saturday heard over the radio marlin were about. When we left the 12mile then heard over the radio that a marlin was seen at the 12mile. left to early. dame.. Heaps of stripys around and lots of bait fish. As well as dolphins they were everywhere. they where chasing our x-mas trees and pushers.. funny to see.

Bender ,

There were a few seen and a few hooked and lost on lures It's Looking good

Ross

Hey ross well done on getting amoungst the fish as usual.... Just wanted to ask about those fin! They look alot more elongated than im used to seeing?? Are they big eye tuna or something?

Fishlexic,

No they are yellowfin...sometimes they can be like that ..we used to call them baseball bats...I remember many years ago catching big fish 85kg in Fiji in the first International tourny and they too were long and thin

i suppose it's like us humans, some tall and skinny , some short and chubby.

Oh! well the southerly is screaming today so it will be a while before we will get another crack at them

Ross

Fishlexic,

No they are yellowfin...sometimes they can be like that ..we used to call them baseball bats...I remember many years ago catching big fish 85kg in Fiji in the first International tourny and they too were long and thin

i suppose it's like us humans, some tall and skinny , some short and chubby.

Oh! well the southerly is screaming today so it will be a while before we will get another crack at them

Ross

Thanks ross,

Went home and had a look at some of my books and notice that the big eye dont have the forward fin near the front of the body like those yellow fin do! Never seen them that shape..... they look more streamlined like that!

Cheers!

Thanks ross,

Went home and had a look at some of my books and notice that the big eye dont have the forward fin near the front of the body like those yellow fin do! Never seen them that shape..... they look more streamlined like that!

Cheers!

Thanks for that Fishlexic it had me thinking as well after you made the comment.

Ross