Quintrex 520 Freedom

dat111

hey boys,

has anybody got info on a quintrex 520 freedom sport??

thanks heaps guys

Same I got the older 500 FS. We are pretty happy with her. Are you thinking new or S/H, if new give us a PM as the Stacer range has just been revamped and i would personally go that way over the Quinnie but you may have other factors.

Cheers

hi Dat111,

what did you need to know about them?

i have the 530 f/s with 115 yammie

I use mine fishing in lakes/estuaries/inshore and also been to

the shelf a few times. I might be a bit biased here but great boat and very versatile specially

if you have to share it with wifey & kids :)

cheers

tom

Edited by thomo

im deffs looking at brand new becuase ive been told that the welds have cracked can any give me light on that??

and what are the risc factors if they are cracked im not much of a boatie

im looking at the stacer range look a sexy ride

if anybody knows where woy woy is

im goin to be travelling from woy woy to pittwater for the kings

and to the hawksbury for jews and hopefully beable 2 attend one of those famous hairtail socials.

im only 16 mate no kiddies yet :1prop:

thanks boys

dat

Edited by dat111

im deffs looking at brand new becuase ive been told that the welds have cracked can any give me light on that??

and to the hawksbury for jews and hopefully beable 2 attend one of those famous hairtail socials.

thanks boys

dat

When i was looking at 540 FS earlier in the year both had small weld cracks, even new you are likley to find them because they are built quickley and dare i say it cheaply by production workers not welders. That is a fact of life with a new production boat. That is why it is more inportant to go with a good dealer who you now will look after you if anything should occur.

I do think the new stacers are probaly ahead of the Quintrex in some ways, thicker alloy larger carrying capacity two major ones for me. I know others rate the ride and other things but i can not comment there.

Good luck and try a few.

Hi Dat, both Telwater built boats are great boats and looking past the "tall poppy" syndrome the best in the industry in my opinion and that is why we chose to stock and sell Stacer. Do yourself a favour and check out the 519 Easyrider also, as noted thicker material, deeper deadrise at the stern with the EVO hull offering a better ride, higher capacity rating with LEVEL floatation and a few other things like gunnel rubber.

As mentioned get a short list of the brands that YOU like and go check them out.

Cheers,

Huey.

Hi Dat, yes as Ross says, we are across the road from the Station. We are about 40 minutes from Central and about 30 minutes from Gosford by train and a nice way to travel. Also not hard to find us if you choose to drive, being on the Pacific Highway-you find Cowan and you find us.

Cheers,

Huey.

thanks boys

dat

Dat Woy Woy is right up the back end of Brisbane Waters and has many 'obstacles' on the way to Broken Bay, then Pittwater.

Check out this map: http://www.waterways.nsw.gov.au/docs/brisbane_front.pdf

And make sure you know all your boating safety regulations, markers etc... because there are some dangerous sections of that waterway which need to be handled safely in a boat.

Here is another map showing Pittwater, Cowan and Hawkesbury entrance: http://www.waterways.nsw.gov.au/docs/pittwater_back.pdf

Good Luck with your boat choice.

Cheers

Josh

Dat Woy Woy is right up the back end of Brisbane Waters and has many 'obstacles' on the way to Broken Bay, then Pittwater.

Check out this map: http://www.waterways.nsw.gov.au/docs/brisbane_front.pdf

And make sure you know all your boating safety regulations, markers etc... because there are some dangerous sections of that waterway which need to be handled safely in a boat.

Josh

Dat, the run from Woy Woy is pretty straight forward, although there is additional areas now around Pretty Beach, Half tide rocks and Lobster beach where the channel has narrowed due to the lack of dredging.

You need extra caution in these areas but IMO no more so than anywhere else in Brisbane Waters which does tend to be shallow and congested with leases, boats etc. There is far more obstructions if you are coming from Kincumber Ck or other BW's backwaters.

Remember the skipper is always held responsible to ensure safe boating & avoid a collision etc, even if it because of some other idiot.

PM me if you want to go for a look see, I put in around Davistown. I have an older 2004 Stacer bowrider 4.8 with 75hp. Had a look at the new Stacers at Hueys when I last got mine serviced, they appear much better fitted out now, would be a good choice, but have a good look around and make sure you are getting what you want.

Josh - interesting the Waterways map shows bar crossing between Little box Head and ocean Beach with warning requiring the compulsory wearing of life jackets. First time I have seen this warning on a map for this area, it doesnt appear on other maps/charts i have. I will clarify with Maritime as this looks new, its not shown on my 2004 maps. You do need to be careful in this area as there can be waves etc partic. with southerly swell, but they dont affect the marked entrance channel (which is marked as a bar crossing now).

Cheers

Copafisher

Edited by copafisher