Hawkesbury Night

Dhutchy

Hiya Raiders, this is my first report so I don't mind if you chuckle a bit.

Dropped my 2nd hand Quinnie off to Huey to ensure adequate nav lights and spot light for first night fishing off boat. Job finished, but then extended to include install of cigarette socket power source. No dramas, all done without fuss. Good to go. :wife: (fishing partner) very excited about fishing that very night. Lets go, Lets Go.

Drop kids at grandma’s in tumultuous revolt :1badmood: . Launch boat at dusk at Appletree Bay - ramp EMPTY :thumbup: Move off as sun sets (beautiful). Go to a favoured spot, no bites. :thumbdown: All lights working, lovely. Move to next spot, near Cottage Point, and anchor. Wife sits at helm, plays with spotlight. I return from anchoring to no GPS/Sounder, as inky darkness fully encloses and no spotlight. Not a real problem as long we stay deep and away from land. Nav lights fine. Better to be safe than sorry, I say, lets motor back and if worse comes to worse return home and make repairs.

Engine won’t start.

Reassure :wife:, tell her its probably just flooded, wait for it and it will be fine... meanwhile I get under the dash with torch, :1prop: check fuses are secure, resecure them (thinking that wife must have knocked them a bit) , emerge with full GPS/Sounder and spotlight, and engine turnsover immediately.

Return to original intention of fishing :thumbup: , catch a single flattie and a slimey, both thrown back, and we are wowed with lots lots of phosphorescence making the glassy water give its own inky blue light show.

Quite an adventure for first night out.

Rgds

Dhutchy

Its not about catching fish, but it helps

Great first report Dhutchy. :thumbup: It had everything, suspense, drama, excitement (well, maybe not excitement) and adventure.

Pity there weren't more fish, but then again, a long fishing story may have detracted from all the other things that happened (or didn't happen as the case may be).

As for the phosphorescence, I'll never forget the first time I saw it. It was absolutely amazing!

An interesting night that I'm sure you and the missus will remember for quite some time.

All's well that ends well.

Cheers

Peter