Fishing Wisemans Ferry This Weekend

arpie

Hi guys

I will be meeting up with Sails at Wisemans Ferry this weekend - staying at one of the caravan parks there, probably on the Town side. We will be busy with a 'family do' until mid afternoon on Sat, but then should be able to get the yaks out & have a fish!

I am planning on only taking hb & sps - so any tips on where to go would be appreciated. Both of us will be in yaks.

I have been reading about the jewies & understand you can get ep up that way - what about bass?

Many thanks

Roberta

Lots of options are available for you around wisemans Roberta.

If it is Bass you want your best options ae too paddle upstream and hit the pontoons and deep rockwalls as well as fallen trees. Note, the water can get to around 13m on some of these bends.

There are 2 Ferrys at wisemans. one is the main ferry and there is the Webbs Creek Ferry. If you pladdle past the Webbs Ferry you can head up into Webbs creek, a very snaggy creek that holds loads of good bass. At the mouth of the creek (not too wide) there is a drop off that at the right time will hold school jewies.

You could also head up into the Mcdonald River. This is a good waterway and you can catch everything from bream, EP, BAss, Jew etc. The real BAss fishing starts once you get passed the 8kn zone.

If you were mainly chasing Bram I woul recommend the deep rockwalls that are on the Ferry side of the river and the "flats" heading into the Mcdonald, here you are very likely to run into some Big bycatch :1fishing1: aswell.

Hope this helps,

I should be flicking around wisemans on Sunday with the Missus, if your still about I might see you there

Mitch

hehehe mitch, keep an eye open for us ....... Tide'n'knots has kindly offered to take Cam & I out in his boat on Sunday, so can't wait!!! We'll still yak fish on the Fri pm tho :) :)

Roberta

Edited by Roberta