Botany Bay Kings Here I Come

love2fish

Excellent reel mate. I have the HD Custom version of yours and can't fault it.

Here's hoping the kings show up in the bay. This time last year, it was on for young and old. Kings galore!

Must be something to do with global warming......15 degrees forecast in Sydney tomorrow :074:

As for what rod, the Daiwa Nabura is worth a look.

Cheers

Red

Edited by Red

Yep i bit the Bullet and got myself a certate 3500 from ebay,landed on my doorstep for just under $400 which is a good price i think,im probabaly gonna loaded it with 20 or 30lbs braid ,what would be a good 7 foot rod to suit this reel???

7 feet would be perfect IMO. :thumbup:

You could even up it to 7'6" or, 8" of you so desired. Some of the Raiders use those Branzino Day Breakers for Kings and they are 8" I think.

I think 30lb braid may be a bit of overkill but 20lb is on the money. Each to his own though. :biggrin2:

Let us know what you decide rodwise.

Hi Mr Breambo,

Ive got the the certate hyper 3500 mounted on a cheap and light daiwa saltwater rod. Ive got 30lbs on one spool for bottom bashing and 20lbs on the other for soft plastics. I think your gonna be happy with your purchase mate.

Cheers,

Jon

Mr Breambo, can't answer your question

but how good is ebay??? i just bought a brand new shimano raider for $110 inlcuding postage

when the day before i'd almost bought one in a tackle shop for $180!!! The certate for under

400 is great too, how do u reckon it is people on ebay can sell for so much cheaper?