Fishing The Peak

Quinnie480

Hey Raiders,

This is my first post so hello to you all..! :biggrin2::biggrin2: I have done the majority of my fishing down the south coast and only of late have a began to fish the Georges and Hacking systems.

I have just bought and installed a GPS and was hoping to head outside to the peak off Botany later next week. Just after a bit of advice and was hoping someone could help me out in regards to which fishing techniques I should try. Eg: jigging, trolling, drifting ect. I was planning to troll for a little bit when I get out there and then cube up some pillies?? Has anyone been out there of late? What can I expect out there?

Any advice would be much appreciated,

Thanks,

Bill

the first time i went there they moved it :biggrin2: gary

It has been moved a lot, I suspect. One of the published GPS marks puts it about 80klm SE of Pt Hacking. I hope it is now back where it belongs :thumbup:

on sat,you could exspect it to be like a wollys car park at 6.00
:074:

......one tip check your gps be fore you leave port on a cardinal mark or some thing

the first time i went there they moved it
:biggrin2:

gary

Hi Quinnie480
:1welcomeani:
to Fishraider.

I hope you find the Peak o.k. but in line with what Gary has to say, there's always the possibilty that they'll move both the Peak and the cardinal marker to avoid congestion on the busier weekends.
:D

Cheers

jewgaffer

:1welcomeani:

Don't bother with cubing, the peak has had its day, no more gamefish. You can jig if you find a decent sounding of fish on the bottom, otherwise bottom bashing is the way to go, the F***in leatherjackets are the problem :mad3::mad3: . There is a fad to the south in the summer and dollies are around then, bit early now.