Middle Harbour

zen801

G'day,

Went out this morning for the run out tide.

Fished with squid caught last week for bugger all.

Man it is so dead out there ATM.

Four hours fishing for 1 whiting, a couple of pinkies and a whopper puffer fish.

After the puffer fish i was out of there.

Tried to head out further and got to Grotto and swell was right up and rolling in.

I am gonna wait for a few weeks B4 i go out again as its just not on yet.

cheers

Good on you for having a bash Mike. Sounds like you are in the same slump as me. Maybe its a good time to think outside the square. I might try some plastics for flatties or explore the bays and shallows. Go looking for holes and drop offs or eddies. Try a drift. Its gotta beat sitting and waiting.

Cheers

Good on you for having a bash Mike. Sounds like you are in the same slump as me. Maybe its a good time to think outside the square. I might try some plastics for flatties or explore the bays and shallows. Go looking for holes and drop offs or eddies. Try a drift. Its gotta beat sitting and waiting.

Cheers

Yeah mate been in a slump for awhile.

Tried the other options as suggested. Checking out new spots is always a good idea.

Flicked around a few softies that got munched by small tailor for no hook ups.

I think main harbour is best option for awhile.

Jewies just are not around the usual spots yet.

Cheers

Hi There I had no troubles hooking up kingies in Middle Harbour last Friday, There are alot around just gotta be in the right spot at the right time, Try to the right hand side just as you come out of Roseville or try Seaforth bluff, both spots worrked a gem for me

.....Sounds like you are in the same slump as me. Maybe its a good time to think outside the square....... It's easy to grin when your ship comes in, and you've got the stockmarket beat.

But the man worthwhile, is the man who can smile, when his pants are too tight in the seat.

Judge Smails

CAUTION The next failed Middle Harbour fisherman that comes before me gets twenty years with a non parole period of twenty five.

Judge Smails :D

Yes Andrew drift fishing, that's the shot old timer. Don't flog a dead horse, drift over each spot no more than a few times before moving to the next one. It would be a good idea if you and Mike Zenman devote a full session to catching squid, finding noticable structure and then spending time motoring around doing a dossier on as many of the old Middle Harbour wrecks as you can.

Squid strips are the best bait, and if I was drift fishing Middle Harbour I would run the sinker straight down to the hook to keep the bait hard up against against the bottom to catch flathead and bottom fossicking jewfish, and if you get hit by a kingfish on the way down you'll have a very happy cat.

Harbour jewfish act differently to the current oriented Hawkesbury fish that feed against the fast current and are natural bottom fossickers during the still water periods and the run in over the sand which describes Middle Harbour, and mainly tend to hunt up higher in eddies and from around pylon cover during fast currents. So don't be surprised if you get hit on the way down near the boats by kingfish and by jewfish in close to the points on the current side.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Gee thanks guys for the reports of kingfish.

Now i am depressed :(

I would think that most of the kingies taken are from DR??

Might have to see about getting one for the tinnie.

I am sure to bounce back with a jewie soon. :1prop:

If not then :beersmile:

Cheers all.