Weed

quaddy

Just spent a couple of hours flicking a lure around the sand flats at Grays Point. Nothing but this horrible looking weed. It looks like S**T. Smells funny too. Does anybody know if it is pollution or just muck coming from Audley. Frustating as every cast has this brown muck on it. Decided to call it a night early because of it.

That stuff is bloody annoying, it often comes after its been windy or big tides, we get it stuck all over our plastics in pittwater sometimes, just ruins everything.

If you want to persist through it best to rig your plastic so its weedless, i.e the hook is concealed in the plastic, some have grooves for this to be done.

Josh

That stuff is bloody annoying, it often comes after its been windy or big tides, we get it stuck all over our plastics in pittwater sometimes, just ruins everything.

If you want to persist through it best to rig your plastic so its weedless, i.e the hook is concealed in the plastic, some have grooves for this to be done.

Josh

Thanks Josh I will have to chase them up. Great conditions, nice night but just too much of that grose weed. Any recommendations for a bream popper

Thanks Josh I will have to chase them up. Great conditions, nice night but just too much of that grose weed. Any recommendations for a bream popper

Can't think of anything off the top of my head, the trebles and cupped mouth would pick up a lot of the stuff.

Making the soft plastics weightless with just a worm hook instead of regular jig head would help it stay away from the bottom for slightly longer.

Just have to wait a while, the weed does eventually pass through.

Josh