Rugby League World Cup

Davemmm

Just watching the Kiwi's put up little resistance to the Aussies in the footy.

Not going to be much of a competition if the second best in the world gets beat 30-6

About the only hope of an interesting game is New Guinea throwing a spanner in the works of someone. maybe.

And before you Rugby types pipe up with comparisons. I dont care. A crook game of league is still more enjoyable than a great game of ra ra. :tease:

Dave

I do enjoy to watch league (when roosters are playing or rep games) even though union is a much better game-won't elaborate.

New Zealand picked their side quite badly, isaac luke should've been in there, fien is crap, matai is a good player but he is constantly playing injured, should put iosia soliola in there-dno if he made the squad? I'm guessing Brent Webb is injured with Hohaia at fullback, he played well for the warriors but he can't match up against the big guys like folau and inglis.

I have to say that i genuinely don't like some aussie players, namely billy slater and cameron smith because they play like such dickheads.

I actually hoped that a penalty try was going to be awarded for Jerome Ropati when Slater slid in with his foot to stop the try. The commentators said he'd been warned and what does he do, performs some gay soccer manouvre that could knock a guy out or seriously cut them open-just typifies to me why i don't like him. The fact that the refs made the call of a 20m restart made it even worse to show that they wouldn't support what they'd warned him about and deny nz of what should of been a good try-and would've had it been in union, which shows how flawed and crap the rules of league are.

At this rate all Australia are going to do it prove how pointless a league world cup is, it is disappointing though that other nations cannot compete at such a high level to make it a better spectacle.

Josh

Edited by Josh88

I just think its ridiculous to have Australia play on a sunday night What if you wanted to take the kids to a game and its a delayed telecst so they cant even watch it as its on too late

The problem is that the media have too much control - its all about ratings!!

that has been a problem since the superleague days. They really need to get someone in there that has no affiliation with either the ARL or Superleague and maybe then the fans will start to get what they want.

At this rate all Australia are going to do it prove how pointless a league world cup is, it is disappointing though that other nations cannot compete at such a high level to make it a better spectacle.

Josh

have to agree wtf is the point ...look at football(soccer).......the competion is always alot closer....and alot more popular as football is more of a world sport.....and aussies are slowly starting to realise that with the a-league getting better average attendances than the nrl already!

have to agree wtf is the point ...look at football(soccer).......the competion is always alot closer....and alot more popular as football is more of a world sport.....and aussies are slowly starting to realise that with the a-league getting better average attendances than the nrl already!

the competition is alot closer because its about as interesting as a bad game of darts and it takes them 6 years to score a goal. The a-league is getting better attendances because there are less teams in the comp and thus each team has a larger fan base, same as in union.

Although would have to agree the comp is abit one sided and i think that the super pool is the dumbest thing since the ashtray on a motorbike.

the competition is alot closer because its about as interesting as a bad game of darts and it takes them 6 years to score a goal. The a-league is getting better attendances because there are less teams in the comp and thus each team has a larger fan base, same as in union.

really......whys football the most played sport in aus and also the world if its so boring?????.....ever watched a decent game between the higher end teams...eg brazil v portugal or somthing like that>????... i bet you havent as you wouldnt be claiming how boring it is if you had.....even the socceroos style of play is getting better and more attractive....

about the attendances hey you could have a good point there but we will see how true it proves to be over the next few years as the new a-league teams are introduced.

i would prefer to watch a game of skill using feat rather than a team of men going round trying to grab and touch each other......

Edited by flatty hunter626

really......whys football the most played sport in aus and also the world if its so boring?????

i would prefer to watch a game of skill using feat rather than a team of men going round trying to grab and touch each other......

Cos mums don't want their poor little boys getting hurt playing a sport made for men. :wife:

That perception and 'men trying to grab each other' just show the lack of understanding people have of the great game (union), which is sad because they don't care to understand what its all about.

I accept that soccer players are very skilful in what they do, as are rugby players and all other elite athletes and everyone can say soccer is just kicking a ball around or rugby is just a bunch of guys bashing each other but they're wrong and should accept any sport for what it is regardless of their views on it.

I have to add though, Soccer players are ridiculously over paid in the first place and with the entertainment they provide=very little apart from the occasional goal makes it even more stupid.

Rugby atleast there are points scored, big hits, big plays that keep you entertained and involved in the game for the whole game.

Only my thoughts though, not saying they are right or wrong, just how i feel.

Josh

Edited by Josh88

Cos mums don't want their poor little boys getting hurt playing a sport made for men. :wife:

That perception and 'men trying to grab each other' just show the lack of understanding people have of the great game (union), which is sad because they don't care to understand what its all about.

I accept that soccer players are very skilful in what they do, as are rugby players and all other elite athletes and everyone can say soccer is just kicking a ball around or rugby is just a bunch of guys bashing each other but they're wrong and should accept any sport for what it is regardless of their views on it.

I have to add though, Soccer players are ridiculously over paid in the first place and with the entertainment they provide=very little apart from the occasional goal makes it even more stupid.

Rugby atleast there are points scored, big hits, big plays that keep you entertained and involved in the game for the whole game.

Only my thoughts though, not saying they are right or wrong, just how i feel.

Josh

people saying that "every" game of football is boring shows an extreme lack of understanding as well then if thats how you want to view it.....

the comment about the players pay shows ignorance if you knew anything about football leagues you would understand that salary caps are in place and its really only the larger leagues...eg EPL, serie, and spanish that have huge amounts of cash been splashed out on players.....where as leagues that are younger are using salary caps that stamp out that sort of shit.

personally with rugby ....what wow i knocked sum guy out im such a big man .....thats pretty much their state of mind.......

theres sides to every story and thats atleast part of footballs.....

I think that this has gone off topic it’s about the current League world Cup not which code is the better. The Australian rugby league side is the yard stick that all other teams are measured but what comes round goes round I remember when England were the yard stick, if the Kiwi’s weren’t so rapped up in union and those players were playing league' New Zealand could well be the measuring stick.

ever watched a decent game between the higher end teams...eg brazil v portugal or somthing like that>????...

I tried but i couldnt stay awake long enough....

soccers good to watch when girls are playing it, other wise its just a bunch of blokes running around trying to be chicks... :biggrin2:

soccers good to watch when girls are playing it, other wise its just a bunch of blokes running around trying to be chicks... :biggrin2:

Really narrow view there buddy......no matter what you say the majority of the world's population disagree's with you, Soccer/Football is truly a world game, Any team has a shot of winning there world cup as shown by the Socceroo's recently when they just lost to the eventual champions, and the Socceroo's where consider one of the weaker teams.

Don't get me wrong, i love league, I go to all the tigers home games but i do also respect the skill involved in soccer, if you ever decided to watch a international game live you would truly see how entertaining the game is, alot happens of the ball that we dont see on TV.

anyway its said to see they are still narrow minded people in this world in relation to sports

soccers good to watch when girls are playing it, other wise its just a bunch of blokes running around trying to be chicks...

anyway its sad to see they are still narrow minded people in this world in relation to sports

i agree!

wow thats a quick change???..