Berowra Waters

spic

Been a while since I've posted up a report been slack!!!!

Anyway went out Sunday morning with Dad in his Tinnie with a plan to fish the change of the tide and we actually did quite well. Managed 3 Jew of which 2 were 60cm and one was 78cm. There is a bit of a story with the larger one as Dad was using a very light outfit to catch livebait and would just leave it dangling in about 4 foot of water. Well I hookup on a Flattie when this his little outfit goes off and for a while it's mayhem on the boat, manage to sort out the flattie then Dad passes his rod over to me as he wasn't confident and after what seemed like a lifetime managed to get the net under him and in the boat. I've caught many Jew in my time but never have I seen one caught like this. Only had 6lb line and the tiniest of hooks off the surface. Looks like the live bait attracted this fella and possibly missed his intended target and copped the hook instead.

All in all a great day out on the water.

Cheers,

Vic

Hi Spic,

well done on getting out onto the water with your Dad :1fishing1: , and congrats on a good fishing session. The colour and markings of the jew when it comes up in the sunlight is beautiful. :sun::mellow:

I was on the water at Wisemans Ferry yesterday with Roberta and Tide 'n Knots, and we caught lots of jewies, but not a keeper to be had!! :mellow: Wasn't it was a great day to be on the river!! :fisher:

cheers

Sails

Hi Spic,

well done on getting out onto the water with your Dad :1fishing1: , and congrats on a good fishing session. The colour and markings of the jew when it comes up in the sunlight is beautiful. :sun::mellow:

I was on the water at Wisemans Ferry yesterday with Roberta and Tide 'n Knots, and we caught lots of jewies, but not a keeper to be had!! :mellow: Wasn't it was a great day to be on the river!! :fisher:

cheers

Sails

I mostly fish outside and I have to say it was such an enjoyable day, beautiful scenery, great company, CALM and better still great fishing. What a great country we live in..........

I mostly fish outside and I have to say it was such an enjoyable day, beautiful scenery, great company, CALM and better still great fishing. What a great country we live in..........

hi spic,

great catch mate.

ive been hammering berowra lately but just can't seem get any jews.

any chance you could give me some spots to send me on my way and some tips?

cheers Tim

Well done Spic on some terrific Jewies!

Brilliant day out on the water for you & your Dad - aren't they gorgeous looking fish?? Sails & I caught their grandsons! :biggrin2: But given the terrific day, along with the camaraderie of good buddies & family - what else would you want?

Cheerio

Roberta