Bassin In The Rain

I had the pleasure today of having Brad (breambusters) aboard for a bass session up at the Gorge at Penrith.

5 am start and overcast and drizzle with a few heavier showers for good measure and a steady barometer of 1014 with light SE winds.

Got through the narrows no problems and its a credit to the waterways people who have now installed lights on the narrow channel :thumbup:

We started off with surface lures,Brad with a River 2 sea cicada and me with a sure catch popper in purple and silver.

The fish were hitting the lures straight away and even though only small they at least kept us hopeful of bigger fish.

As we leccyed into the gloom we changed to betts spins with atomic 2 inch grubs in motor oil and a few better fish started to come along with the little fellas,it still amazes me how a fish the size of our lures can be so aggressive :1yikes: .

It was a nice day out on the water and we had the whole river to ourselves as we chatted and ate pink and pineapple donuts whilst gettin rained upon all day.

The water clarity is great atm and the fish are definately feeding even if a bit smaller than last yrs good run.

Called it a day at around lunchtime as all Brads talk about KFC had my stomach rummbling like thunder :074:

Thanks for the company Brad and we should have nicked off to Garie :tease: for some salmon action.

post-256-1225252046_thumb.jpg

post-256-1225252059_thumb.jpg

post-256-1225252069_thumb.jpg

post-256-1225252081_thumb.jpg

post-256-1225252095_thumb.jpg

post-256-1225252108_thumb.jpg

post-256-1225252120_thumb.jpg

post-256-1225252130_thumb.jpg

post-256-1225252140_thumb.jpg

post-256-1225252150_thumb.jpg

post-256-1225252162_thumb.jpg

Cheers Stewy

Oh man .... top report Stewy and Brad! Ideal (apart from a little damp) conditions for chasing the bass in :thumbup: Great photos again Stewy, particularly the ones with the rocky banks in the background. The water quality looks bloody superb!

Just ironing out the last few 'kinks' in preparation for the November sojourn, were ya? :biggrin2: Well done fellas :thumbup:

Cheers

Hodgey

looks like a top spot Stewy. Great fish! Well done ! :thumbup: Where exactly is the gorge?

head left from the tench reserve boat ramp and you cant miss it about 1-2kms straight ahead.

awsome countryside with plenty of bass, mullet, carp and eels.

looks like a top spot Stewy. Great fish! Well done ! :thumbup: Where exactly is the gorge?

Hi Glenn,when you get to the 4 knot zone at the "narrows" make sure you are doing 4 knots or lower and keep a sharp lookout for large rocks as it is quite shallow and once through the narrows there are many submerged rocks which will steal your propellor.

When under petrol motor power ,stick to the centre of the river at all times .

Once you have been up there a few times you will feel more comfortable.

Cheers Stewy

Hi Glenn,when you get to the 4 knot zone at the "narrows" make sure you are doing 4 knots or lower and keep a sharp lookout for large rocks as it is quite shallow and once through the narrows there are many submerged rocks which will steal your propellor.

When under petrol motor power ,stick to the centre of the river at all times .

Once you have been up there a few times you will feel more comfortable.

Cheers Stewy

Thanks for the advice Stewy :thumbup:

Nice work Stewy,

Looks like you and Brad had a great time and got onto some nice Bass, even with a bit of drizzle about. The low clouds in some of the pics look VERY ugly mate.......but I'd much sooner spend a rainy day up the gorge than a day at work!!!

I cant wait to get up there soon myself.

Cheers,

Smitty...

Thanks for having me on board Stewy, the donuts certainly were good but some hot coffee to go with them would have been even better.

As Stewy & I discussed on the day, even thought it was a little wet it was better that fishing in blistering hot sun with the flies.

Good luck at Glenbawn in a few weeks Stewy, sorry I can't make the trip this year.

Cheers

Brad