Prawns In Port Haching

fisherboy

fisherboy,

the only type of net allowed to be used in the Port Hacking is a landing net. You are not allowed to use crab traps (witches hats) in the river.

So yes there are prawns in the Port but catching them is going to be a bit hard without a prawn net.

Big Pete :1fishing1:

fisherboy,

the only type of net allowed to be used in the Port Hacking is a landing net. You are not allowed to use crab traps (witches hats) in the river.

So yes there are prawns in the Port but catching them is going to be a bit hard without a prawn net.

Big Pete :1fishing1:

is a landing net a standard prawn net or is it a fish landing net

and what is a crab traps (witches hats) you were talking about

fisherboy :1fishing1:

fisherboy,

a prawn net is just that the mesh is about 12 mm in size and is made of a fine material ie cotton.

Witches hats are a hoop type crab trap, I mentioned these in case someone wanted to use one in the Port Hacking.

Landing nets are now available in a few styles such as the enviro net, standard 50 mm mesh size and the new silicon/rubber type.

Sizes mentioned are only approximate.

Big-Pete :1fishing1:

fisherboy,

a prawn net is just that the mesh is about 12 mm in size and is made of a fine material ie cotton.

Witches hats are a hoop type crab trap, I mentioned these in case someone wanted to use one in the Port Hacking.

Landing nets are now available in a few styles such as the enviro net, standard 50 mm mesh size and the new silicon/rubber type.

Sizes mentioned are only approximate.

Big-Pete :1fishing1:

thanks pete for the info

i got a prawn net and a landing net like the environet

thanks fisherboy :1fishing1:

with all the talk about prawns does anyone know if you can get prawns in port hacking

fisherboy :1fishing1:

I have never heard of anybody getting prawns out of the hacking. also the water is warm but not exactly that clean looking at the moment. i hope that is sme help.