Help Required With Soft Plastics

SPARKY

Hi Raiders

Am new to using softies was on the harbour yesterday Kingies & taylor every where

Through some Plastics at them, Continually getting taken but after a short fight I would loos the fish

and when I retrieved my line I found that my softie was still intact, This leads me to believe that once the fish has taken the softie I need to strike as I would using Bait,

Can someone help me with this

SPARKY

Hi Raiders

Am new to using softies was on the harbour yesterday Kingies & taylor every where

Through some Plastics at them, Continually getting taken but after a short fight I would loos the fish

and when I retrieved my line I found that my softie was still intact, This leads me to believe that once the fish has taken the softie I need to strike as I would using Bait,

Can someone help me with this

SPARKY

Hi Sparky

Yep strike the bites to sink the hook into the fish.

If you have ever seen Bass Masters from the states you would have seen how hard they strike, looks like they would rip their little heads off!

Greg

Striking the fish should help but part of it could also be to do with the type of SP and jig heads you are using as well as the way they are rigged.

What brands are they and how are you rigging them?

Cheers

Josh