Day Of Many Firsts

sadamson

The plans were made for a day on the harbour, 4 boats most of the guys from my shift at work. But one by one they droped out till their was 1 boat. So Paul and I set out at 4am got to rose bay and set up the boat, then hit the wharf to catch some bait First bait in the water 1 yakka in the bucket in less then 30 seconds what a start. After half an hour had plenty of yakkas.This being the First time I have put my boat in the harbour I took it slow heading over to middle head to try our luck at sqiud. Again First jig in the water up comes my very First squid How good is this? But it was the first and last , no more squid to be seen.While we were enjoying the sun rise we were lucky to watch two whales near middle head in the middle of the Ferry lanes. But we were hear to catch fish so we headed to the channel markers put down our super fresh bait and waited and waited not a king to be seen. :( Then on que my phone rings and my rod goes off. Up comes a Bango shark and its my First. Answered the phone then put the shark back.

Just starting to make a cup of coffee and my rod goes off again, This time it was something big but I knew it was not a king.Both of us looking over the side to get a look at what I had and up comes the Biggest Port Jackson Shark I have ever seen I handed Paul my rod and i reached over the side and grabed it by the tail oh my god it was heavy Got a couple of photos and put this Wonderfull fish back into the water it was like a giant puppy, And again my First PJ.The wind started to pick up so we called it a day no table fish but had a wonderfull time better than being at work.

post-6862-1225687246_thumb.jpg

post-6862-1225687306_thumb.jpg

post-6862-1225687338_thumb.jpg

post-6862-1225687361_thumb.jpg

Edited by Reggie the Rabbit

The plans were made for a day on the harbour, 4 boats most of the guys from my shift at work. But one by one they droped out till their was 1 boat. So Paul and I set out at 4am got to rose bay and set up the boat, then hit the wharf to catch some bait First bait in the water 1 yakka in the bucket in less then 30 seconds what a start. After half an hour had plenty of yakkas.This being the First time I have put my boat in the harbour I took it slow heading over to middle head to try our luck at sqiud. Again First jig in the water up comes my very First squid How good is this? But it was the first and last , no my squid to be seen.While we were enjoying the sun rise we were lucky to watch two whales near middle head in the middle of the Ferry lanes. But we were hear to catch fish so we headed to the channel markers put down our super fresh bait and waited and waited not a king to be seen. :( Then on que my phone rings and my rod goes off. Up comes a Bango shark and its my First. Answered the phone then put the shark back.

Just starting to make a cup of coffee and my rod goes off again, This time it was something big but I knew it was not a king.Both of us looking over the side to get a look at what I had and up comes the Biggest Port Jackson Shark I have ever seen I handed Paul my rod and i reached over the side and grabed it by the tail oh my god it was heavy Got a couple of photos and put this Wonderfull fish back into the water it was like a giant puppy, And again my First PJ.The wind started to pick up so we called it a day no table fish but had a wonderfull time better than being at work.

Hey Reggie, what a day! Your smile is only going to get bigger when you top this day's luck. Good work.

Dhutchy

Its not about catching fish, but it helps

Good to hear you got some first Reggie.

Too bad you didn't get into any kings.

Seeing you were picking up that bottom rubbish, maybe it wouldn't hurt to wind your baits a few more metres away from the bottom (assuming they were close to it catching them) that way you won't be wasting your hard earned baits on stuff you aren't trying to catch.

Cheers

Josh

well done reggi on a few firsts that's a big ass pj and a very healthy female and they are so cute

it goes like this for me with pj's

rod bends over[could be a jew but no run]

could be a big flatty but to much weight

after 1 min you know but that do'snt stop you from getting the net and doing the lets all stand on one side off the boat till you see colour

some people hate pj's i look at it as a good way off testing your gear out and there better than no fish at all

great report and some great pics gary