Rock Fishing

oztangs

Hi Everyone,

New to the forum & Site, looking at rock fishing places around Sydney and RNP Wattamolla. Special interest in RNP Wattamolla and the Gulf.

Can anyone inform me how long walk from the carpark it is and if you have to climb down cliffs etc

Recommend what to take also, bait, berley.

Cheers Oztangs

The walk is 5 to 10 mins. I haven't been there in a few years, but around the left hand side of the beach there are some great spots for Drummer and Blackfish. Bring bread to berley up the pigs. there is plenty of cabbage there. Some huge pigs have been caught there. Here is the spot i have done well at.

post-8890-1225768222_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nanook

i did a hike along there in the RNP from otford to bundeena passing though watamolla on the way......its amazing and the ledges along the way .....you could almost smell the fish...i was kicking myself for not adding onto my 20kg pack and putting in a rod and reel........

Any chance for a fish is a good day out, thanks for the info

It's just under two km to the gulf, head out to the point at Currcurrang near the waterline and you'll find some steel pegs to climb up a little bit then head south. It's a bit up and down rocks but nothin really dangerious. Unless your into tuna etc I wouldn't really bother, plenty of reef fish a lot closer to the carpark.

It's just under two km to the gulf, head out to the point at Currcurrang near the waterline and you'll find some steel pegs to climb up a little bit then head south. It's a bit up and down rocks but nothin really dangerious. Unless your into tuna etc I wouldn't really bother, plenty of reef fish a lot closer to the carpark.

Cheers,

Fish more for the thrill than for eating, wondering any idea what time the carpark opens or can I get in there around 5am??

Getting in a big of rock fishing knowledge, moving to Auckland 09 and hunting for Kingies so that will be a bit of a ask

The walk is 5 to 10 mins. I haven't been there in a few years, but around the left hand side of the beach there are some great spots for Drummer and Blackfish. Bring bread to berley up the pigs. there is plenty of cabbage there. Some huge pigs have been caught there. Here is the spot i have done well at.

is it hard to get to the points you have marked? do you need to climb over rocks etc or is there a pathway?

Cheers,

Will