Middle Harbour

zen801

Went out yesterday about 7am to see if any jewies were feeding in a couple of spots i have picked em up before.

Was pretty slow in and around Seaforth. The kingies are there but not in significant numbers ATM and they are hit and miss in terms of being there and not.

Headed over to Dobroyd for a drift. Drift back towards Balmoral was bit quick but managed a few good bites and landed a whopper flounder. Let him go and due to wind headed back into MH.

Set up for a fish in deep water and sat back for awhile before the bites started closer to high tide.

Got an awesome hit on squid with plenty of weight and head shakes. Felt like a very nice flattie and got her up 30m only to lose it in sight when she bit through my 40lb jinkai leader. :thumbdown:

Not long after picked up another smaller flattie then the tailor moved in for a chomp. Scored a few for future jewie slab baits at the beach.

Good to be out there and the water is now close to cracking the 20c mark. Must admit i am thinking this season in MH may be pretty average.

Lets hope i am wrong.

Cheers

Hard luck there Mike!!

We got a few kings a couple of weeks ago. I think as things warm up we will be in for good season. :1prop:

:dito:

I reckon the main harbour will fire so i'd imagine quite a few good fish will be present in middle harbour as well......hopefully

:dito:

I reckon the main harbour will fire so i'd imagine quite a few good fish will be present in middle harbour as well......hopefully

Hey Josh,

yeah mate i hope it does fire up - worst case it may just be a little late to get going.

PS Mate i grew up in Pymble.

Hey Josh,

yeah mate i hope it does fire up - worst case it may just be a little late to get going.

PS Mate i grew up in Pymble.

Yeh, just can't wait for summer holidays so i can eventually get out there.

I've been in Pymble for about the last 10 years since i was 7, great area to grow up in i think, friendly place accessible to lots of things around Sydney, can't really go wrong. Nice if it happened to be on the water though :1prop:

Josh

Edited by Josh88