Patonga

Richard Warren

post-6052-1226291057_thumb.jpg

post-6052-1226287985_thumb.jpg

I went away for the weekend to Patonga. I must have driven past this place a hundred times in my boat but never stopped to fish there. We hired a house with great views looking over Broken Bay. I must say Patonga is a very pretty spot with a one lane boat ramp that was never really that crowded, a pub with beer garden overlooking the bay, a peir where the ferry comes in and a small creek at the end of the beach which winds its way up into the National Park.

Unfortunately the people I was staying with were more drinkers than fisherman but I managed to get out and have a drift around the bay. Caught a 48 cm flathead and a 27 cm Bream along with a couple of cats eyed sharks. Probably would have done better with some Quality bait instead of the service station prawns that looked like they had been there since last century but shouldn't complain. The creek looked like it would hold some nice bream and whiting around the oyster racks but didn't get a chance to try up there. The weekend just wasn't long enough. Have started to plan my next weekend up there already. Might take the canoe and give the creek a better looking over.

post-6052-1226288193_thumb.jpg