Bream Fishing

slayer666

Hi all,

I since purchased a Daiwa Luvias 2000 with 4lb nitlon braid and a Sambo Elite Red Blaze 3kg carbon fiber rod from ebay (great bargin) for bream. I need to be shown the ropes by someone who is experienced bream or novice fisherman to show me how to catch bream on plastics and hard bodies. So whoever has the time to show me it would be greatly appriciated

Cheers Joe :1fishing1:

Edited by slayer666

I dont know about showing you but one effective way of learning is to walk the banks of Hen and Chicken bay or Iron Cove casting as you go

An easy way to start is to get yourself a packet of 2in gulp worms in camo or motoroil(I prefer motoroil) some 2gm No4 hook jigheads and some 4lb or 6lb leader Rig up sat out let it drop to the bottom and give it a hop of about 30cm and pause it for up to 5 seconds then repeat the process back to the bank

I reckon it wont take you long to get a bream now the water is warming up

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I since purchased a Daiwa Luvias 2000 with 4lb nitlon braid and a Sambo Elite Red Blaze 3kg carbon fiber rod from ebay (great bargin) for bream. I need to be shown the ropes by someone who is experienced bream or novice fisherman to show me how to catch bream on plastics and hard bodies. So whoever has the time to show me it would be greatly appriciated

SX 40's very good hard bodies and for soft plastics as iceman said 2 inch gulp worms i prefer in camo and also gulp 2" baby shrimp in nuclear chicken or new penny

and also gulp 2" baby shrimp in nuclear chicken or new penny

And don't forget bannana prawn, natural (personal fav) and molting they all work.....I think it's time Gulp went like the jerk shads and released:

- Garlic Prawn

- yellow Curried Prawn

- Green Thai Curry Prawn

- 3' could even be Honey King Prawn...

etc

etc

Edited by Poddy Trapper

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

how do you like the sambo rod ,how much did you pay im looking at buying one or two myself for flicking hbs around the flats .

oh and ive been having great sucses with sx40s and sx48 on bream whiting flathead on the flats .but they are $20 ish a pop .im now looking at the daiwa sc shinner as they are $12 a pop

sps try the squidgy wrigler range 40mm [ i think ] with small jig heads and cast towards structure . bloodworm is a good colour .and take it from me buy quality fluro carbon leader matireal as you will loose a lot of fish and lures if you dont.

were do you intead to do your fishing .

craig

Edited by craigtempo

how do you like the sambo rod ,how much did you pay im looking at buying one or two myself for flicking hbs around the flats .

oh and ive been having great sucses with sx40s and sx48 on bream whiting flathead on the flats .but they are $20 ish a pop .im now looking at the daiwa sc shinner as they are $12 a pop

sps try the squidgy wrigler range 40mm [ i think ] with small jig heads and cast towards structure . bloodworm is a good colour .and take it from me buy quality fluro carbon leader matireal as you will loose a lot of fish and lures if you dont.

were do you intead to do your fishing .

craig

Mate i picked up the rod for 21bucks plus 15bucks P&H its a great little rod caught a nice bass and flattie so far and i cant fault it.

Mate i picked up the rod for 21bucks plus 15bucks P&H its a great little rod caught a nice bass and flattie so far and i cant fault it.

cheers i just paid $27 bit of a bargin if its a good rod .

i also bought a palagic 2000 threadline reel $15 brass gearing 5 stainless bearings ,smooth drag its actually better than i thought it would be.

the one that dies with the most rods wins :1prop:

craig