Finding My Feet..... Trying To....

junglejunky

Hey guys,

Havn't posted in a while, been busy settling into the new home in FNQ. The humidity is a killer.... but the creeks down the road make it worth the sweat. I havn't had loads of time to fish and I'm still trying to work it all out up here. Landed a few Jacks this arvo worth a mention, off a rock bar in a little mangrove lined creek. Biggest was around 26-28cm, but even at that size they still kick, especially on 4lb bream gear! All taken on sx40s and 48s.

cheers,

matt.

post-162-1108905278_thumb.jpg

post-162-1108905855_thumb.jpg

GEEZ...another Queenslander! :risata::risata:

Good to see it happening for you Matt.

Seeing that the closest I have come to a Mang, is what I have read, how have the hooks held up the lil SX 40's? I hear those Mangos can bend almost anything as far as hooks go! :1yikes: Can't wait to see some of your reports from that end of the world. :thumbup:

Hi Joe, Jocool, swoff, and BENT.

I can't wait to really start exploring. The Sootys, JPs, Barra are all on the list! Most of the stuff Ive caught so far has been small. Javelin, fingermark, cod, bream. The sxs held up well! Although on dark last night I misjudged a cast by about a foot and buried one in a mangrove. Knew I should have called stumps the previous cast! Damn..... and I certainly wasnt wading in to get it, not with all the creatures that roam these waterways. I actually had a box jellyfish tentacle stuck on a halco scorpion the other day. Took me ages to try and get the bugger off.

One thing Im noticing up here is that the tackle stores are quite, well, empty... Not a huge supply or variety of lures, particularly plastics....... Im gonna have to stock up when Im back in Sydney.

matt. :biggrin2:

Hey Fellas,

I'll be happy to sacrifice a few lures to see the jacks, trevs, and queenies going nuts!!!!! Cant wait!

Hee hee, sorry Rich and JD, you only have to put up with hearing about sleep for a few more days..... next week theres a new bunch being launched.... :1tongue:

Ill try and post a little more often, when I find the fish!!!!

Cheers,

matt. :biggrin2: