Brisbane Waters

FishDrought

Hi Raiders,

I am thinking of taking the boat for a run this weekend & was interested in trying Brisbane waters. I will probably be dropping the boat in around Davistown, Just wondering if any Raider would be kind enough to enlighten me as to the average depth & any navigation issues I should be looking out for ? shallow channels etc, is it as shallow as the Entrance? as it will be my first go there.

Does it take long to get out into the deeper water?

Any advice would be appreciated .. & hope everyone has a successful weekend fish :1fishing1:

Cheers

Jas

Edited by FishDrought

Mate the best bit of advise that I can give you is to get yourself a map of the area from your local Maritime and that should guide you to where you want to go. No point people telling you this or that cause in those waters there is a maze of navigational post that will confuse even the most experienced. I always get the map and study it before I go especially a new place. that way you can establish up stream and down stream so that you can follow the navigational marks properly.

Cheers

Mate, the depth varies a lot throughout the system getting shallow up around a lot of the oyster racks and near half tide rocks.

If you do know your navigational markers then it will definitely make things a lot easier. If you're not too sure about certain areas just take it slow, good spots for flatties in the shallow areas-bit overfished though.

Good Luck

Josh