Cockatoo Island 16.11.08

Benb

Went for a lazy fish with the :wife: just after the lunch time high tide at Cockatoo Island.

Droped anchor (with the new winch, what a dream) and got the burley trail going, sent out a lightly weighted bit of pillie and put the rod in the holder. Within a few mins the rod goes off and i am doing my best to keep the line away from the props as it put up a good fight and a nice trev was boated.

post-2036-1226829900_thumb.jpg post-2036-1226829652_thumb.jpg

They went off the chew after that but that was my PB Trev of at least 40cm i think, sorry did not measure him.

:beersmile: Cheers

Ben

Thanks guys, he put up a good fight similar to a king.

Caught a few last weekend near the heads and they were a good size but not a good as this one.

The :wife: was impressed and wanted to keep it but i said no as it was caught west of the bridge, she said whats the point of fishing if you cant keep em ......... i did not bother explaining ..... :wacko:

:beersmile: Cheers

I was thinking more of you casting better with a full spool. ;)

Baz

Was fishing from the boat with no weight and i am a bit of a lazy fisherman to tell you the truth and just drop it straight down ..... or float down the burley trail in this case.

My rods spend most of there time in the back of my ute so that will give you some idea of how much care i take of them ....... want to chase some YFT and kings this summer so i better get serious and rig up the new TLD25