Has Anyone Tried Manly Dam?

Dlai

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has tried fishing at Manly Dam? I went last week, but when I got there, I was told by people there that theres nothing to catch, except maybe carp, because theres no inflow so we just left. Is that true? Because on the Manly Dam council website it says it is regularly stocked with Australian Bass, and other species like silver perch and Redfin. So has anyone tried, with any results?

Thx

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has tried fishing at Manly Dam? I went last week, but when I got there, I was told by people there that theres nothing to catch, except maybe carp, because theres no inflow so we just left. Is that true? Because on the Manly Dam council website it says it is regularly stocked with Australian Bass, and other species like silver perch and Redfin. So has anyone tried, with any results?

Thx

I have caught bass and redfin in Manly dam and have talked to people who have been catching carp there. All the fish I have caught were of a small size and released back into the dam but they are there.

I think it was Hook'm that caught a silver perch in there last year, there was a carp comp that was won by a raider last year too, and they do stock it, but i dont think with very much! There is some very fishy areas in there expecially if you had a kayak...

A few years ago - one of my first times ever fishing, I was using a small surface lure with devon on the bottom and got an about 15cm bream or bass. At the time im not too sure what it was, on a hand reel.

Catching that fish is what got me hooked for life.