Hawkesbury, Cowan And Pittwater

Josh88

Hi all,

We'll be staying at Cottage Point on Cowan Creek from December 5th-12th at a friends waterfront home and will have our boat, gear and everything else up there.

Basically i'm looking to use this opportunity to catch some very nice fish of many kinds, Jewfish most importantly but bream, flathead, kingfish, tailor anything with size that swims.

So anybody that could share with me some info on any of these fish in terms of spots, times/tides, baits/rigs, anything at all then i'd really appreciate it.

Anywhere between Bobbin Head in Cowan to Scotland Island in Pittwater to the Road Bridge up the Hawkesbury i'd be very greatful.

Please PM me if you'd rather not say things on the thread and thank you to those that have already given me some great info.

Cheers

Josh

Edited by Josh88

Anything guys?

Squid won't be an issue.

What are good places in cowan to get Live Bait and can anyone give me some tips on catching little mullet and hardyheads for live bait. Do those fish traps work?

Cheers

Josh

In bobbin head anywhere around the banks where there are structure you can catch some fish. There are tailor everywhere with bream and flatties.

Go to Jerusalem Bay and park the boat in one of those moorings, you can get your live bait there, and catch some bream, flatties and tailor.

Hey Mate,

I'm not much to go by, but hit the usual spots...

Generally West Head for bait, Pittwater for squid.

Juno Point, East of Dangar Island is ok for flatty's.

And as locodave said Jersalem Bay and Bobbin Head should be full of Bream and tailor...

Anyways hope this helps, let us know how you go anyways.

Cheers,

Ryhno

Thanks for your replies and PM's guys, will definitely try and put all your advice to good use.

I'll try and post day-by-day reports provided my laptop magically connects to the internet (not sure if it will)

Any more tips/advice is much appreciated.

Cheers

Josh