4 Legal Jew, 400 Not Legal!

tide'n'knots

Hi raiders,

just a quick report, I was supposed to meet up with sails (cam) on sunday for a luderick session but due to the gail force wind we called it off until next weekend. Sunday night at home the wind dropped and I thought - bugger it !! so I hiched up the boat and headed down to wisemans ferry.

Arrived at about 10.30pm and fished till about 1.15am, not much happening so I left out a big bait on one of the rods with a noisy drag and laid down to have a sleep,nothing touched it.

woke up about 5am and the tide had just started to run in so I got up had breaky and a cuppa, then got down to fishing again. I was immediatly into the soapy's - heaps of them all between 30cm and 40cm.

long story short, managed 4 between 45cm and 50cm and left about lunch time when I ran out of bait.

sorry no photos - they were nothing special anyway!

Pete.

All those little ones is a good sign for things to come!! :biggrin2:

Yeh I reckon.

I was watching I FISH on the weekend and they caught a barra around 60lb in an impoundment and they said that the fish would have been around 8years old. If jew grow at a similar rate, look out in a few years from now! I cant wait!

Yeh I reckon.

I was watching I FISH on the weekend and they caught a barra around 60lb in an impoundment and they said that the fish would have been around 8years old. If jew grow at a similar rate, look out in a few years from now! I cant wait!

Wow thats big.

Definitely should be good in a few years, sounds like they are really prevalent around wisemans.

Just need them to grow and move closer to the mouth :1prop:

Yeh I reckon.

yer i saw that to got ifish and rex hunt set up to record automatically and also hooked and fishing trip:P

Hi Pete,

you are keen arent you!!Well done on getting down there and putting in the effort. That place must be the real jew nursery for the river system, and the big ones you catch are the drop-in parents!!

I had a try last night for squid from the Collaroy pool, but not a touch, plus I lost 2 lures to the rocks.

Had a go tonight around 6 - 7 pm at Narrabeen lake for blackies, and had plenty of downs, but not a single hook up.

Saturday afternoon was better with the 8 fish caught, but all undersize. I'm wondering if the big ones have all headed back out to the sea. Will have to give the rocks a try next.

cheers

Cam

Hi Pete

Shame the wind stuffed things up for you & Cam & the blackie assault ...... hopefully soon!!

Well done on getting into the jewies, tho - specially the legal ones. Your boat is well set up for a snooze between tides :)

Cheerio

Roberta

Hi Pete

Shame the wind stuffed things up for you & Cam & the blackie assault ...... hopefully soon!!

Well done on getting into the jewies, tho - specially the legal ones. Your boat is well set up for a snooze between tides :)

Cheerio

Roberta

Yeh I am hoping It will all come together this weekend for the blackies!

I have a lot over the next few weeks, I have to contact byron (jewgaffer), a blackie session with cam ( and I promised him another boat trip), then next week i am meeting Mike (zenman) for a harbour session -

Dont ya love fishraider!!