Pb Calamari In The Hacking

A.dawg

Hi raiders...

Been following this website for about a year now very good website for people to talk about fishing.

Here's a squid i caught in the hacking. My litle brother holding it coz it looks bigger on him :1prop:

cheers A.dawg

post-9131-1227762253_thumb.jpg

Geez thats a good squid. I envy the amount of calamari you could have-savour it :1prop:

Did you get a measurement on its hood length?

Cheers

Josh

i dont have a measurement of the hood lenght but i do have a measurement of the length to the tentacle . 114cm

What a cracker. Hope you didn't get covered in ink. Looks like it would of had heaps

GOOB

:o yea that reminds me that night i caught 3 others and when i was taking out the heads of the squids for jew baits i noticed the 3 smaller ones were packed full off ink in there pouch... but the big one didnt have 1 ml off ink in its pouch... anyone know why??

:o yea that reminds me that night i caught 3 others and when i was taking out the heads of the squids for jew baits i noticed the 3 smaller ones were packed full off ink in there pouch... but the big one didnt have 1 ml off ink in its pouch... anyone know why??

Thats a southern calamari, there are heaps of them around if you know how and where to get them that size. They have really fired up the past few weeks. The reason it has no ink is because it has squirted it all out while being pulled up. Some squirt when they hit the jig and go nutso (seen it in shallow water) whereas some dump on you as soon as they see your face. Also depends on if they squirt the lot or save them to make a mess of your boat :1prop:

Nice calamari considering its landbased

Andrew

Thats a southern calamari, there are heaps of them around if you know how and where to get them that size. They have really fired up the past few weeks. The reason it has no ink is because it has squirted it all out while being pulled up. Some squirt when they hit the jig and go nutso (seen it in shallow water) whereas some dump on you as soon as they see your face. Also depends on if they squirt the lot or save them to make a mess of your boat :1prop:

Nice calamari considering its landbased

Andrew

Im quite sure it didnt squirt any ink in the water i hooked it up right infront of me since it was harrassing my livies out for jewwies.

mate thats one hell of a calamari. I have been fishing port hacking for squid for a while, i have never seen anything like that from there. Really big man, what jig brand? colour? Is that the only big one you have caught there? i get alot of arrow squid for some reason, the only calamari i catch are small ones, how do you target calamari?

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

All help would be appreciated mate

mate thats one hell of a calamari. I have been fishing port hacking for squid for a while, i have never seen anything like that from there. Really big man, what jig brand? colour? Is that the only big one you have caught there? i get alot of arrow squid for some reason, the only calamari i catch are small ones, how do you target calamari?

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

All help would be appreciated mate

Hi Bent_rod for big calamari over2kg i use livies either a yakka or a yellowtail sometimes get them on yamashita size 2 natural color in orange or even a yamashita 1.8 pink i find in the hacking pink and orange jigs are best.