Rod Building

TIMMY C

Hello Raiders.

was wondering if anybody could give me some tips on starting off in rod building.

im after a couple of good quality outfits and im really keen to get involved.

just some general advice on the subject re: starter kits and just a brief overview.

cheers Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Dude,

There is a whole lot of info you need... start with a search on a couple of books to get you started:

1. The Australian Rod Builder by Ian Miller

2. Advanced Custom Rod Building by Dale Clements

The set up is important too. To have a really good chance of making it enjoyable, get youself a rod lathe.

There are ways to do it using equipment you can build yourself but the proprietary equipment is certainly hassle free.

Do heaps fo research!!!

• 4 months later...

Hello Raiders.

was wondering if anybody could give me some tips on starting off in rod building.

im after a couple of good quality outfits and im really keen to get involved.

just some general advice on the subject re: starter kits and just a brief overview.

cheers Tim

hey man how r yah just aboout at the same point as yolu although im nerarkly finished my first 2 rods just putting the last couple of guides on on and the other is nearly done.....keen to get out there and kill some fish with em aye.... depends on how intense u wanna get into it my set up up is super simple bvut u can spend up to 600 us on z set up whioch often makes it cheaper to buy the outfit your trying to make.... if you still want sopme more info pm me and i can give u some more info