Just Got Home

winfield

hit a local L.B spot bout 9pm last night fishing for jews thame street whalf , no jew ,but at about 6am saw 5kg plus kingfish i mean thay were masive ran back to the car to grab me poppers but in a flash they had gone .........theres the report now for a some advice thame street whalf ( any1 cracked a jew in that area there ????or was the last 11 hours a waste of my time.... need help,,, the fishing life force is fading fastmy set up was, squid that was caught that night.. tried for yellow tail but, a no go.squid under a bobby cork and squid on the bottem,what the fark am i doing wrong..........i need a sleep

winfield,

i've fished thaems st wharf for about 7 years and never seen a jew pulled out of there. not to say they aren't there. not to say they aren't there but it doesn't look like a great spot for jews. as far as the kings go, they always come and go in a flash. never hang around too long at all.

ben

I was down at Thames Street Wharf yesterday from about 5pm to 8pm. I had 2 very strong hits (ganghooked pilchards) but no hookups. On both occasions all I had left was the pilchard heads. Pretty lucky fish if you ask me.

It wasn't Jewfish-big - my amateur opinion is that it was a tailor, but it was exciting anyway!

I was down at Thames Street Wharf yesterday from about 5pm to 8pm. I had 2 very strong hits (ganghooked pilchards) but no hookups. On both occasions all I had left was the pilchard heads. Pretty lucky fish if you ask me.

It wasn't Jewfish-big - my amateur opinion is that it was a tailor, but it was exciting anyway!

thank you fellas its just been hard,ive been out so many times too tick the jew and kingey boxes but will keep on keeping on ,there was one report about a jew being pulled in the area in about "05" i think the old whalf oppisite thames street whalf i think ganna smash that area next weekend i think thanks boys

ps was a bit tired, and emotional..... nah more tired the last post sorry

Edited by winfield252001

• 4 weeks later...

Spent the arvo at Thames Street Wharf again today. Caught myself a nice sized flathead around 55cm. Landed him, got him on the wharf a good meter from the water, and the slippery bugger managed to launch himself back in the water! No problem I thought - he's still hooked. Except he wasn't... :ranting2:

There were kingies about too. Got hooked up on a 3" Gulp Minnow on 6 pound line (while trying for flatties...) and got him close enough to see it was a rat kingie. No prizes for guessing that I got busted off! I immediately switched to my heavier tackle and metal lures but by the time I was rigged up they were gone. You need to be quick around there. :05:

thank you fellas its just been hard,ive been out so many times too tick the jew and kingey boxes but will keep on keeping on ,there was one report about a jew being pulled in the area in about "05" i think the old whalf oppisite thames street whalf i think ganna smash that area next weekend i think thanks boys

ps was a bit tired, and emotional..... nah more tired the last post sorry