Swansea

daleyboy

Gday raiders,

I'll be heading up to swansea caravan park next weekend to camp for a few days on a xmas get together with the family.

Not having fished the area before i was hoping there might be a few kind raiders who could give me some advice on what to target and where?

Fishing out of a 5.8M fibreglass boat and i'll be taking out my niece and nephew (7 & 9) at some stage so id like to get them hooked onto a few .. even if its only yakkas and slimies etc

Thx in advance

Guest Aussie007

if u go around 500 meters out to the left of the heads in front of the beach you'll be onto flatty after flatty but be very careful entering and exiting the channel my cousin took my jet ski out around the heads and onto the beach on return there were whooper waves smashing the mouth of the channel or u can fish in the channel just pass the bridge down stream plenty of fish there i caught a nice fat bream there i havent ventured into the lake so cant say

As gazza has said, basically avoid the Swanse Bar on a run out with a noreaster blowing.

plenty of Flathead are being caught in most reaches of the chanel as well as the dropover. heaps of whiting on the sand flats at the end of the chanel as well. If you want to head out a few hundred meteres its kingy time on Moon island and the Bonito should just about be around too.

Cheers

GT