Sydney Estuary Perch

knuckle

Hey Fellow raiders,

This is my first post on this site and really enjoy reading everyone elses reports.

Fished a little spot (spot x) in my kayak yesterday and had the best session in the Yak to date. Was tossing plastics around wharfs and boats in hope for some bream when I get smashed by what I called a Bass, I posted a report on the kayak fishing website calling them Bass and everyone told me they were EPs. Anyway this fish went really hard and I thought I had hooked a small Jew but landed a 36cm EP that was ripping line off my 4lb braid and leader, Awesome fun.

post-7363-1228272693_thumb.jpg first EP

post-7363-1228273630_thumb.jpg 36cm

Went looking for some more likely territory and man did I find some. For the next hour or so I caught over a dozen EPs including this big 42cm fish that had me upgrading my 4lb leader after it got shredded during the fight but managed to hold on, it came out of some really nasty ground and had me around some pylons during the fight.

post-7363-1228273895_thumb.jpg 42cm great fight on light gear

As I said had a ball landing a heap of these fish and a few bream into the mix also, i left them on the bite as the wind and badly sunburnt legs were making things uncomfortable to fish.

post-7363-1228274074_thumb.jpg Another

Well thats about it folks cant wait to try again, though I think I will be trying for a Kingie in the Yak, Maybe on Thursday me thinks.

Cheers

Knuckle

Plasticman,

The lure that did the damage was a lightly weighted 2inch gulp minnow in pearl water mellon.

Not Middle harbour, closer to you actually, Akuna Bay Area.

Cheers Mate

Knuckle

Edited by knuckle

Nice work mate theyre awesome looking fish.

mate my advise is cover up, you will get burnt to the shithouse on a yak. I have long sleves, long pants and a wide brimmed hat, and I slop the suncreen on my face and any exposed areas. I hate having to do it, Im a tshirt and shorts guy and suncreen pisses me off, but getting burnt sucks more.

Sorry about the rant. Once again well done mate!