Rigging Up Gulp! Squid?

RPL

Hi all,

Can someone please show me how to rig gulp squid i picked up a pack yesterday they looked like they would go real well on kings or jews if i crossed them, these ones are like 4' or so

Question, are they meant to be casted or just jigged. Cheers.

Gady' RPL,

I've caught a few fish on them rigging them just like with a 'normal' tail with a weighted jig head. I've used 1/8 - 1/4oz Berkley and TT heads. Just fish them like a squid would swim... either a lift/wind and pause or a slow roll (a bit of rod action is needed to get the tentacles to dance a bit though).

I got the $^*# with them though because the squid's 'wings' always end up bent out of the packet which gives them the tendency to spin unless fished dead slow.

Cheers, Slinky

Gady' RPL,

I've caught a few fish on them rigging them just like with a 'normal' tail with a weighted jig head. I've used 1/8 - 1/4oz Berkley and TT heads. Just fish them like a squid would swim... either a lift/wind and pause or a slow roll (a bit of rod action is needed to get the tentacles to dance a bit though).

I got the $^*# with them though because the squid's 'wings' always end up bent out of the packet which gives them the tendency to spin unless fished dead slow.

Cheers, Slinky

Slinky have you caught any Kings on them?? I have always wondered weather they work? they certainly look the part.

Slinky have you caught any Kings on them?? I have always wondered weather they work? they certainly look the part.

Not caught but I've hooked 2 jigging the Gulp squids around markers in the harbour... inevitably, they now decorate the chains :074:

Caught tailor, salmon, snapper (little blokes) and plenty of reef ooglies before I got the dirts with using them spinning so easily.

Cheers, Slinky

Not caught but I've hooked 2 jigging the Gulp squids around markers in the harbour... inevitably, they now decorate the chains :074:

Cheers, Slinky

Ha, i can only imagine how decorative those chains are!! I recon you would clean up if you dove down there, problem is you would probably get knocked out on someones 10pound downrigger bomb. :074: