96 Mariner 50 Hp

dangles

today whilst out down rigging my control box started a long continuous beep. I switched off then switched ign back on but the beep was still there. It wouldnt go away until i turned the motor off for about 5 mins.

What does this continuous beep mean??? Im thinking that it may be overheat alarm? was pretty much idling in gear for about 40 mins. Always had water coming out the telltale. At home on the muffs at idle the water gets really hot out of the telltale after about 5 mins, however raise the revs a bit and the water cools right down. Any help appreciated guys

Guest Aussie007

if your motor has a thermostat replace it ;) the tell tail shouldnt get hot atlease all my motors dont and my current 140hp spurts out water not a constant stream unless fully submerged and the tell tail stream never gets hot running on the muffs

today whilst out down rigging my control box started a long continuous beep. I switched off then switched ign back on but the beep was still there. It wouldnt go away until i turned the motor off for about 5 mins.

What does this continuous beep mean??? Im thinking that it may be overheat alarm? was pretty much idling in gear for about 40 mins. Always had water coming out the telltale. At home on the muffs at idle the water gets really hot out of the telltale after about 5 mins, however raise the revs a bit and the water cools right down. Any help appreciated guys

Hi Dangles, if you engine is not getting hot but the horn is sounding you are going to have a faulty temp sender. A constant horn to indicating an overheat situation. With the outboard on but not running does the horn sound? With the engine running on the flusher if the horn sounds disconnect the temp sender wire (tan colour) and see if the horn stops. A new temp sender is not much.

If the impeller has not be replaced in the last couple of years worth doing and also checking and serviceing the thermostat and pressure valve.

Cheers,

Huey.

Hi Dangles, if you engine is not getting hot but the horn is sounding you are going to have a faulty temp sender. A constant horn to indicating an overheat situation. With the outboard on but not running does the horn sound? With the engine running on the flusher if the horn sounds disconnect the temp sender wire (tan colour) and see if the horn stops. A new temp sender is not much.

If the impeller has not be replaced in the last couple of years worth doing and also checking and serviceing the thermostat and pressure valve.

Cheers,

Huey.

cheers for the heads up Huey, from the symptoms ive listed i figure its a flow type issue so could be either of the above. When u get a chance could u pm me a price to get the above above repairs carried out as well as a service.

Thanks Daniel