Soft Plastic Social 2008

Kirks

Hey guys

Just got back from an excellent day at the social. The weather started out overcast but then turned windy with light rain. Firstly I would like to say a big thank you to GregL for his time with us, he is truly an outstanding fisherman.

post-256-1228633457_thumb.jpg

We split of into groups to learn some of the basics of plastics fishing and Greg had some amazing fishing knowledge. He knew everything from how wind effected the fishing to rigging plastics and how to fish them. Swordie you were right Greg does know his stuff.

After a learning sesh we rigged up and had a flick in to the bay, the wind had just started to pick up and the rain started. After about 15mins mum decided to pack up and get home before the rain started to go heavy.

Donna will probably place the official report later on in the afternoon but from time I spent there it was great and for the guys who didn't get out this year get out next year you'll learn a heap.

Cheers

Steve

Great day

learnt heaps

next time out need to go plastic only - no guts no glory !!

We had Andrew heading our group - he was brilliant, lots of tips

Thanks heaps Andrew and Greg and Slinky and GoFishPete and basically all the raiders

It was good to see Raiders helping raiders

Thanks again !!!

Edited by sportfish

Great day

learnt heaps

next time out need to go plastic only - no guts no glory !!

We had Andrew heading our group - he was brilliant, lots of tips

Thanks heaps Andrew and Greg and Slinky and GoFishPete and basically all the raiders

It was good to see Raiders helping raiders

Thanks again !!!

Yeh I was in andrews group also - top job to all concerned, I learned heaps and thats what its all about.

Its amazing how you take the smallest things for granted that make such a big difference, I have only ever fished fiberglass rods and mono lines and once Andrew explained the importance of grafite and braid I realised why I struggle in the sp"s department, testemony to this was the 2 young guys who came out in my boat for a fish( sorry boys I cant remember your names) both caught a flathead and some small tailor I caught zilch!!

I was popular when I had to explain - I need another rod!

Thanks to all concerned for putting on a great day!

Pete.

Hey Tide & Knots.. i just realised who you were today, after you jetted off... i was wearing the Red t-shirt walking off the jetty just as you jumping back in your boat... did you launch at burns bay?

Haven;t been back to long reef yet.. tried Curly the other day for nothing but seep, couldn;t get past the sweep to where the decent fish were holding up..

:1fishing1: AJ

p.s. Stewy, Dan, Greg, Donna, and everyone else invloved, thanks a million for the knowledge you were all willing to share today.. greatly appreciated!

Great day thanks for that guys. I was in Andrews group and learned good bit of info. Unfortunately couln't convert it to anything (aside from some now tailess grubs) but have plenty more tricks to try on those breambos next time. Good to see everyone today

Cheers

Hey Tide & Knots.. i just realised who you were today, after you jetted off... i was wearing the Red t-shirt walking off the jetty just as you jumping back in your boat... did you launch at burns bay?

Haven;t been back to long reef yet.. tried Curly the other day for nothing but seep, couldn;t get past the sweep to where the decent fish were holding up..

:1fishing1: AJ

p.s. Stewy, Dan, Greg, Donna, and everyone else invloved, thanks a million for the knowledge you were all willing to share today.. greatly appreciated!

hey man now that you know who I am say g'day at the next social. I will be at the kingfish social at clifton gardens in january.

Pete.