George's Jewie

Ali

After another eventful saturday morning with Jewfish King in Botany Bay chasing Kings (we managed 4 keepers and released about 8) we decided to hit the george's river yesterday arvo with the remaining bait from Saturday morning.

We hit the water around 4pm and headed up the river past como bridge where we found a nice drop off which looked promising.

We dropped out baits in and the waiting game began, we were there for probably over an hour and a half with only pickers having a go at our bait. We decided it wasnt looking so good and we should head back toward Tom Ugly's and Capt Cook bridges. Anyways, on our way back we come across a guy on a speed boat by himself, no mobile, no anchor,, no petrol and slowly drifting upstream....by this time the tide had turned and we were desparate to get fishing but we decided to give the poor bugger a tow to Oatley boat ramp, another hour gone.

We hit the bridges a little late (around 7.30pm) and anchored, baits went in and the yarns started. About 8.30 the weather wasnt looking so good and i was trying to get JFK to pack it up, he said "give another 15 mins and we'll go". Thank good he decided to stay a little longer, no more than 3 minutes after JFK's statement my rods buckles and the line takes off, a short struggle ensues and we boat this 70 cm jewie. Not as much of a struggle as the kings in the bay have been providing but a good tussle all the same.

The raings came pretty much as soon as we boated the fish and we packed it up.

Funny how the guy that wanted to leave earlier ends up catching the fish :1prop:

here's a couple of pics of the fish

post-4473-1228695210_thumb.jpg

post-4473-1228695227_thumb.jpg

post-4473-1228695529_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ali

..........We hit the bridges a little late (around 7.30pm) and anchored, baits went in and the yarns started. About 8.30 the weather wasnt looking so good and i was trying to get JFK to pack it up, he said "give another 15 mins and we'll go". Thank good he decided to stay a little longer, no more than 3 minutes after JFK's statement my rods buckles and the line takes off, a short struggle ensues and we boat this 70 cm jewie.

............Funny how the guy that wanted to leave earlier ends up catching the fish :1prop:

Well done Ali !! Hanging in there when the weather started to turn lousy made all the difference. This is the way jewfish operate and if your mates get sick of waiting just pass them a lifejacket. :thumbup:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Dear All,

You should of seen the "HI 5' that Ali was giving..

Never the less,,, i made him stay the extra 15 min...

BTW-- Both Ali and i are in the bad books with the :wife: ......

they dont seem to understand... squiding on Tuesday nites as we need bait for Landbase on Wednesday nits. Then, Squiding Thursday nite for fishing Jewfishing Friday, saturday morning for kingies, and sunday for Jewies.

Top one fellas!

Don't worry about the :wife: they just have to nag. Mine is 14,000km's away in Northern Canada and I still get nagged!

I just cant seem to get through to my wife that squidding doesnt count as fishing, when counting how many times ive been fishing in a week, squidding shouldnt be included in the count :1wallbash: