Reel For Sps

jjcrd

Daiwa tierra nice affordable price great reel. Nothing more needs to be said.

Thats if your a Daiwa fan!, I say a nice Shimano Stradic 2500 or 4000, i have a few and they are wonderfully smooth reels. I just bought a 6000 Stella and im kinda wondering to myself why they are 4 times the price of a stradic?? they certainly dont feel that much better! maybe they will last longer? i dono!

B

Edited by olitay

Thats if your a Daiwa fan!, I say a nice Shimano Stradic 2500 or 4000, i have a few and they are wonderfully smooth reels. I just bought a 6000 Stella and im kinda wondering to myself why they are 4 times the price of a stradic?? they certainly dont feel that much better! maybe they will last longer? i dono!

B

i am definately a shimano fan and prefer them over daiwa but im not realy that picky as long as its good for what i want im happy ill chek em all out t the shop and see whch i prefer thanks guys

On the Daiwa Shimano front I have both and some Okumas and tica's

Most of them make decent reels you tend to get what you can afford especially if the missus gets wind of it. :wife:

your rod is probably the most important??

and the line your peeling off it also.

and the deciding factor is the target species , bream,whiting flathead OK. Snapper a bit different

Spinning or overhead reel? if its overhead reels, I found Abu Garcia Ambassadeur series are pretty good. I have the Ambassadeur 5600C4 for casting median to heavy sp, very smooth action, great sensitivity with a graphite rod, quite reliable as well.

Cheers.