12ft Fiberglass 5hp Mariner

wombat62

it will strugle i think if you just intend on fishing the hawks and different river systems mabe look around for a 12foot tinnie with 15 on it or something like that its not just the weight of the boat you have to keep in mind as you said 2 blokes fishing gear so on it all adds up keep an eye on the swap and sell section here you might find something there

mick

Hi Wombat62 It could be worth buying this boat if you like it enough and the hull and trailer are in good condition and the price is as cheap as it should be, as having a 5hp on a 12' fibreglass hull is useless and the sale may as well be a hull only sale with trailer.

Most 12' fibre glass boats would be rated for 15-25Hp motors depending on load. You could buy the whole unit, sell the 5hp motor and buy a used 20-25HP at a good price because used motors are hardly selling even at a low price at the moment and especially where the seller lives outside of Sydney.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Ask the seller if it planes and arrange a test run to prove itor even a photo as people here will have owned similar.. Depends a lot on the weight and hull shape but it would be light on for power either way and there isn't a huge variety of props about. If you fish one up i might be a good starter boat for you but remember you still have the weight of fuel and , safety gear and tackle as wekk.

also depends if you just happy to chug along

ive had boats that didnt plane but got me fishing, 5hp will get you going against nearly any current you will come across, just allow time to get where your going and watch out when crossing channels etc

life doesnt always have to be at 40k/h