Fishing Structure

Raii

Would these areas be likely places/structure to target bream and flatties on SPs/HBs? I've caught bream, flatties and whiting here on bait but no luck with SPs, the substrate is mainly sand and more towards the mangroves mud. The water around this location is under 1 metre

post-6576-1229658932_thumb.jpg

Under this mangrove is sand

post-6576-1229659030_thumb.jpg

This mangrove is in mud and with a fair bit of rocks around with oysters growing on them.

post-6576-1229659069_thumb.jpg

This is towards the right/further out of the picture above, likewise, mud.

post-6576-1229659137_thumb.jpg

A concrete jetty, both sides sand, this is where iget most of my whiting, up close and out further, the jetty is visible in the first photo.

So, are these areas likely places to target bream/flatties on SPs/HBs, around the jetty always holds small prawns and also small fish. To the left of the jetty always holds mullets jumping around

Thanks, Ray.

Would these areas be likely places/structure to target bream and flatties on SPs/HBs? I've caught bream, flatties and whiting here on bait but no luck with SPs, the substrate is mainly sand and more towards the mangroves mud. The water around this location is under 1 metre

This mangrove is in mud and with a fair bit of rocks around with oysters growing on them.

A concrete jetty, both sides sand, this is where iget most of my whiting, up close and out further, the jetty is visible in the first photo.

So, are these areas likely places to target bream/flatties on SPs/HBs, around the jetty always holds small prawns and also small fish. To the left of the jetty always holds mullets jumping around

Thanks, Ray.

i would say they look perfect for flatties, but I am pretty new to this

I literally used to live down the road and fished there as often as i could.

Got good bream on chicken there, nevr gor a flattie, got busted off by something huge though a faior few times, try downriver towards the larger jetty...might have been a jew.

Simon

Thanks, Ray.

Around our place this is good bream/flatty structure

post-2626-1229695837_thumb.jpg

Just kidding

Your fotos are showing damn good spots to perservere with. The bait fisho's will tell you to use all sorts of live or dead bait. The softies will give you a range of plastics and blokes who prefer HB's will give you a whole range of options.

The fact is if you keep fishing that spot you will find when is best to fish (top of the tide or start of the run out should be good) and what the locals are prepared to take. All of the options already offered should work in a spot like that so have fun working out which is best for there.

Dave

Edited by davemmm

how about poppers? i dont really have a variety of HBs, how about a smilin jack prawn

Poppers are a good option

I wouldnt be using SPs in the areas of oyster rocks due to snagging up If there are areas of no oyster rocks then prawn style sps or gulp worms will work