Inshore Sydney Reefs

olitay

After being inspired by a recent snapper on plastic DVD i went outside today to try my luck!

First cast and guess what!!!! Gurnard! second was some reef fish i have never seen, third was a faul hooked seep and then fiiiinaly a SHUPPPPERRRRR, ok so it was only 25 cm but still it was a snapper.

The wind picked up and i headed back in and landed some rat kings around the harbour.

All in all a great learning curve and a lovely day to be out. No pics as i was solo, it gets a bit tricky in a small boat.

Sounds like great day out. I saw the same DVD just the other day, so am itching to try it out also. They suggest Sp's at least 150mm + to land the bigger fish that won't take the smaller plastic.

Saw another program on T.V. using the same on Black Jewfish, just off Nth. Qld from memory.

Mate, I am on the same mission as well.

May the force be with you.

Yet another code that needs breaking

The best i have managed to date is only a 37cm on plastic. Lets see what the next few months will produce. Its just so hard to not chase KINGS!!!!

I watched a berkley gulp dvd the other day on catching reds up northern N.S.W.& like you was inspired

to get out there a few days later for a flick.I to got a couple of 30cm throw back reds plus red rock cods,

sergent baker's & pike.

But its that big hit & run from a serious one that keeps me inspired with every cast & coming back for more.

At least getting out there with the weather we've been having lately is still pretty good.

Steve