Livie Smashed By Bream! :)

Dougz77

Hey Raiders,

I got up early this morning to get down to my fav spot as the conditions looked very fishy. Wind was peaking at 10-15 knots but was fairly calm.

I was targeting Jewies on this outing so i decided to use heavier gear, larger mustard 5/0 bait holder hooks, 20lb line etc..

By 4am i had a bucket full of livies (yakkas) ready to drop in front of any jewies that may have been around looking for an easy meal.

After about an hour of having two yakkas out in the water and a tide change i had a decent hit!

As i grabbed the rod quickly a fair amount of line was being torn from the spool in a frantic pace.

After this first run i gave some back to the fish and slowly retrieved him in, which i thorght was a little too easy.

No jewie but instead a very hungry bream of 28ish cm's (pretending to be a jewie!!!)

See photo

He must have been starving before i came along because he demolished the live yakka head first.

He was well hooked to my 5/0 hook which really surprised me that it would fit in his mouth!!!

Anyway from this point on all went dead and i had only pickers till i finished at 8am.

Even though no jewie this time it was still great fun and worth getting up early.

It seems that even when i use small hooks and light gear as well as heavy gear i seem to find bream at my local spot in Sydney Harbour.

Take care all

Dougs77

post-8488-1229740219_thumb.jpg

post-8488-1229740235_thumb.jpg

I do get bream on live poddy mullet and small yakka's but in the georges river a few weeks ago had a 32cm tailor out for a livie and reel in a 24cm bream undersized with the hook swallowed down deep!!!

My theory is the livie got off the hook with a piece off wherever u hooked it stuck on the hook so the very hungry bream take it :1prop:

A.dawg~~~