Advise On Some Unknown (to Me) Sp

LittleNoah

G'day guys, I recently bought a mixed bag of SP's off a guy with way too many and there are a few types there I've got no idea what to use them on. So basicly I'm after some advice off some SP guru's, what are they good for.

They are as follows:

2" Baby shrimp in New Penny

2" Shrimp in Nuclear Chicken

6" Sandworm Nereis in Bloody and also New Penny

3" Pogy in Anchovy

3" Fry in Green Pumpkin

Turtle Back Worm in Pumpkinseed, not sure on the length of these as the packet is open so the top part with the length is missing, from head to tail they're 5", don't know if thats the way you're supposed to measure them.

Any advice on what I should use these for would be muchly appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by LittleNoah

no one sp is guaranteed to catch a certain species

my advice is to try them all in varying locations , depths and jighead weights

if your unsure on sp technique ?

a general rule of thumb is cast toward the direction your boat is drifting

let the lure sink to the bottom whilst slowly reeling in slack line

give a few flicks to the rod to give the lure some action

let it sink again , repeat till your at the boat and cast again

it will take you thousands of casts to get any where near perfecting this great art

but once you get the idea of it your catch rate will improve tenfold

just ask my Dad

G'day guys, I recently bought a mixed bag of SP's off a guy with way too many and there are a few types there I've got no idea what to use them on.

2" Baby shrimp in New Penny

2" Shrimp in Nuclear Chicken

I'm a big fan of the 2' shrimp on breambo's, bass and ep's around structure with a lightly weighted jig head...but they will catch flatty's too....

I use all of the placcies you have mentioned on Bream and have for years.

The shrimp are a versatile lure and can also be effective on Bass / Ep's in the right area.

3" FRY is a popular lure that a lot of guys love chasing bream with. I have a few packs but don't use them that much.

Turtleback worm (4") is one of my all time faves. you can use them full length or cut them down. Whatever you feel comfortable with. These would probably be my fasvourite deepwater jigging plastic for bream. they are also dynamite on whiting and pretty much anything else that you put it infront of.

the pogy is a good lure. You can use it straight out of the pack and it is a great flattie / jew lure. BUT if you want you can get creative with the scissors and trim it down with a big swimming action in the tail. I have personally found the pogy to be a bream killer. Wade eaton and I hacked a heap of packs of these years ago and the bream couldn't get enough of them

the sandworm I find good around flats and weedbdes although I don't use them that much.

Happy fishin

Mitch

2" Baby shrimp in New Penny- Bream, whitting, flathead

2" Shrimp in Nuclear Chicken- Bream, whitting, flathead

6" Sandworm Nereis in Bloody and also New Penny- bream, Flathead, trevally (silver)

3" Pogy in Anchovy- Flathead :thumbup: Lots off flathead

3" Fry in Green Pumpkin- Bream and flathead

Cheers A.dawg~~~