Kingfish In Botany Bay

bouncn

hey lads

long time reader, first post.

after 4 failed attempts in the last few weeks we have been out to specifically target kingfish in botany bay

i have caught two previously as a by catch which was great but am really looking to focus this summer

it is really frustruting as other boats around are catching so they around

we are using fresh squid as bait and fishing the popular spots. mol pt, 3rd run hot water outlet etc

if there is any advice pls reply or pm me as i am going INSANE!!!

Guest Aussie007

fresh squid from tackle shops dont work early in the season it needs to be alive or frozen not long after being caught on the weekend there were atlease 15 boats fishing mol point (sunday) around 7am us and 2 other boats were the only ones who caught kingy's i wouldnt have a clue why tho im sure we wernt the only ones with good squid? i let my sinker hit the bottom and reel it up around 3 foot i pretty much instantly got hits before i could sit down :074: i used a chunk of squid abit bigger than a 50c peice we had a few hook up's but only one landed on the fish finder they were everywhere our first spot was about 10-15 meters out than other boats pilled in so we moved out of the crowed around 50 meters and still managed a hook up

I'm clueless :1prop: I've been out several times in trying for the Kingies and with no luck as well. I've burleyed hard and used live yakkas on the bottom and still no luck. I think you have to be a fishing god to land them in the bay. Even the yakkas are hard to find and land. Is there any other place in the bay to find the livies besides the little beach out along side the break wall???

:wacko: