Smaller Problem With Sounder

Josh88

I recently posted a thread 'Sounder Problem' about one of the small gold pins snapping off in the plug in the back of the unit.

Well now having got a replacement sounder the small pin that snapped off is stuck in the hole that it fits into in the transducer cable and i can't properly plug in the sounder and turn it on because of this. So i need a way to get it out, i'm thinking of using a magnet??

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Cheers

Josh

Is it corroded? Try some tiny pliers, or whats worked for me in the past in similar situations is a pin with blue tack on it? Or chewing gum?

I dont think tiny pliers will work the diameter of the hole is only about 1-2mm, the blue tack might work or maybe even the vacuum.

No Corrosion.

Thanks for replies guys

Take it to a local jeweler / watchmaker. Depends on the plug and the pin stuck in it but they have some very fine barbed tools that will remove it or a fine drill . If you own a dremel you could try if you have a st=eady hand.

On a bigger pin we have used superglue and a pin head but it wasn't easy and we nearly glued it in forever.