Sydney Harbour, 28/2/05

Tim

Hi everyone

I went on a charter today (Foreshore Fishing Tours) with 2 mates. We were picked up at Roseville at 6am. First up we got about 7 or 8 squid around balmoral. There was some surface action there also so I had a cast with a 15g raider but there were only choppers in the 25-30cm range.

We then went for a bit of a troll, but only had one hit with no hookup unfortunately. After that we drifted some squid around Clifton Gardens. Again there was more surface activity and these fish looked bigger. I tied on a 6" sluggo and had a few hits on the surface from what I thought looked like rat kings, but then all we could seem to interest were more tailor. One of the other blokes, Lee, caught a nice tailor, and we had a few more hits but it was really hard to hook up for some reason.

We tried a few of the marks around the harbour, and eventually found some kingies around the wedding cakes. Landed 4 and lost one. They were all in the 55-57cm bracket. Unfortunately it was not me that landed any of them, so I'm still a kingfish virgin :ranting2: . My mate Nathan had never caught a kingy before today, and now he's caught 3 so he was a very happy camper. What a bastard!

Anyway, it was a good way to spend the last day of summer, and I can't wait to get out again. I'm moving to Woy Woy next Saturday, so I'm really looking forward to doing some exploring up there in the very near future.

Bye for now.

Tim