Kangaroo Point Wharf - Brooklyn

ritchie

Hi All,

Another (potentially) silly request :)

.. how to get to the Kangaroo point wharf (heard its not a bad place to fish, under the bridge) , if you are coming from the castle hill side along the freeway?.. tried harassing my GPS to no avail. Checked the google earth but cant see an exit off the free way.. :(

..Any help is appriciated.. :) .. also, i am unable to upload a photo of the area as my work internet's restricting sites such as photobucket, tinyurl etc.. :bump0ee:

..you may PM me.. :)

Thanks in advance ..

Hi All,

.. how to get to the Kangaroo point wharf (heard its not a bad place to fish, under the bridge) , if you are coming from the castle hill side along the freeway?.. tried harassing my GPS to no avail. Checked the google earth but cant see an exit off the free way.. :(

..Any help is appriciated.. :) .. also, i am unable to upload a photo of the area as my work internet's restricting sites such as photobucket, tinyurl etc.. :bump0ee:

Thanks in advance ..

Ritchie,

Take the turnoff on the left after the bridge, follow it through to the roundabout and go to the right, road will take you under F3 to Pacific Highway (possibly signposted to Brooklyn). Turn right and go back over hawks R on old bridge and take 1st left turn once over the bridge. 2nd left will take you to Brooklyn so if you get on this road you went to far.

I have never fished there before so cant say what its like. Tight lines.

post-3151-1230592132_thumb.gif

Edited by copafisher

Ritchie,

Take the turnoff on the left after the bridge, follow it through to the roundabout and go to the right, road will take you under F3 to Pacific Highway (possibly signposted to Brooklyn). Turn right and go back over hawks R on old bridge and take 1st left turn once over the bridge. 2nd left will take you to Brooklyn so if you get on this road you went to far.

I have never fished there before so cant say what its like. Tight lines.

post-3151-1230592132_thumb.gif

Thanks heaps matey...i'll give that place a go and tell ya all how it is :):1fishing1:

Edited by ritchie

Hi All,

Thanks in advance ..

If you have no luck there, you could try the left side of the bridge towards Cows Rock. I have been there a few times recently. Though theres a lot of eels. I've caught a few Bream there, and on my last visit I landed a small 50cm Jew. I've also been told that it's not a a bad spot for the school Jews.

It's only a 5-8 min walk on a medium difficulty track (not ideal for kids)

Parking at Kangaroo point, you walk up and over the road and theres a track that'll take you under the F3 road bridge and along the waters edge. But take care, there a few gaps in the track.

It's not a super hot spot but just another option to try if you're in the mood with no luck.

I'll be heading there tomorrow night to get another session in before my Xmas break ends.

Good luck,

Rob.

post-6814-1230784214_thumb.jpg