Anyone Successfully Fished For Kings Off The Rocks?

hottyscotty

Either i'm outta luck or the kingys aren't there! I've fished pretty much all ledges in the northern beaches. I've been going out everyday since christmas day. I've used a whole bunch of lures and yakkas. haven't been able to source fresh squid though. lots of salmon to keep me on the toes. don't know how many times they've stole my bait. not complaining though seeing kingys are non-existent.

But you boaties are lucky, plenty of kings in the harbour, just a shame they are nearly all undersize. I've scored a few undersize on landbased spots in the harbour.

Scotty.....they are around..... Some large schools around but they are travelling between headlands and are only coming on at certain times for 15-20 mins at a time and some legal kings in there.

Loads of large salmon around at the moment as well, but bonnies are starting to show up too.

Either i'm outta luck or the kingys aren't there! I've fished pretty much all ledges in the northern beaches. I've been going out everyday since christmas day. I've used a whole bunch of lures and yakkas. haven't been able to source fresh squid though. lots of salmon to keep me on the toes. don't know how many times they've stole my bait. not complaining though seeing kingys are non-existent.

But you boaties are lucky, plenty of kings in the harbour, just a shame they are nearly all undersize. I've scored a few undersize on landbased spots in the harbour.

mate fishing sydney rocks for kings is generally draining, long days for little runs. At the moment on the boat we are finding success on kings almost every visit down towards longi and working those areas.

However I almost always grab a live yakka or squid and down rig along north head for LITTLE success....

There are options for kings on the northern beaches but they are limited. PM if you are starting out and need some help.

Graz.

Hey Scott

What lures?

Have you tried big sluggos?

When in my younger days we use to fish north whale with 9 and 12" sluggos or ganged gars spun threw the washes. Outfished live yakkas no problems.....

Greg

Graz,

I've seen a few boats working around longy, might give that a try a bit more.

i've had success before but this year has been very unsuccessful. Kinda annoying as i live down south sydney but know the northern ledges more than i do down south. dunno how many litres of fuel i've chewed in driving.

Greg,

I've thrown every lure possible. Sluggos, metals, poppers, shallow divers, deep divers, jerk shads. i've even bought swimbaits they use for bass from the states as they have really nice action. one of them even looks like a yakka in the water. i've also been using gars.

I think the problem right now is locating them

for years i fished the joey point northside for tailor as shore as clockwork the kings would show up after a few tailor were landed as previously said a big gar fish with 4 6 o hooks ganged and work the washes

or if you after the mother of kings use a live tailor good luck trying to land it though

cherrs gary